You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00019 Aug 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

I addressed Ramanuja as the dark clouds that dispelled
my ignorance, darkness; Do we have to go to the clouds
and quench our thirsts or does the cloud have to come
towards us and shower on us? Naturally it is cloud?s
nature to come to shower by itself on us. Even if stay
away, He comes on His own and showers and saves me.
Thus it is my naichyanusanthAnam and it adds to my
dAsathvam?s guNA. He on His own accord blesses me and
it reflects on His dayA.

Let us enjoy the 27th verse:

koLLak kuRaivaR Rilangik kozunthuvit tOngiyavun
vaLLal thanaththinaal valvinai yEnmanam neepukunthaay
veLLaich chutarvitum unperu mEnmaik kizukkithenRu
thaLLuR Rirangum iraamaa Nnucha!en thanin^enchamE! 27

EmperumaanaarE! Sri RamanujA! You keep granting all
that one asks for and continue to grant to the fullest
extent; thus, your audhaaryam keeps on increasing
multifold. Due to your such great nature, you have
even chosen to reside in this sinner- paaviyEn's
heart. My heart is pained to see that such Glorious
DevarIr (you) are residing in such lowly heart of
adiyEn in spite of the disqualification that adiyEn
possesses. My heart has an apprehension and is afraid
that Your GLORY and GREATNESS will be corrupted by
Your staying in adiyEn's heart and chooses to continue
staying therein. (what a description by amudhanaar!)

The lonely mind ? thani nenjam? Even if I think that I
am saved by Acharya sambandham, thinking back my
blunders, the asahya apacharams committed so far and
continuing to do so make me wonder why and it reflects
my naichyanusanthAnam.

Being so lowly and with such a filthy mind, I am
worried if Ramanuja who is in my heart may get ill
effects from the mind therein. If that is the case
even with Ramanuja staying therein, what about other
sishyas.. And how is it possible for me to be
supported by them with such a mind! When Sri Ramanuja
himself gets affected or influenced by my mind's
imperfections, where is the question for others [his
sishyas] to support or save me!

Thani nenjam- The lone mind which is mine alone and
that is unclean.

I have an apprehension if it would harm Sri Ramanuja
residing therein.
EmperumAnAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana