You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00044 Aug 2006

Dear Sir ,
An excellent write up .I am glad and proud to be a descendant of the
same village of Poundarikapuram though I am indeed a "nir akshara
kukshi", nevertheless I do  make it a point to visit the Ashramam to
pay my obeisances to The Acharyans ever since I visited the same way
back in the 'sixties', whenever I get the chance.
                                          my thanks' to you for the
article , and my humble 'DaNDangal'to our Swami Srimath Gopaladesika
Mahadesikaya Namah:
Rajalakshmi Jagannathan-

-- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Madhavakkannan V
<srivaishnavan@...> wrote:

> SrI:
> SrImathE Goapladesika mahadesikaya namah:
> SrImathE Srinivasadesika Mahadesikaya namah:
> SrImathE Ranganathadesika Mahadesikaya namah:
> SrImathE Srinivasadesika Mahadesikaya namah:
> SrImathE Gopalarya Mahadesikaya Namah:
>

> Sri Narayana Yogindra Varadaarya Kripaasrayam /
> Rangesa Paada Vinatham Srinivaasa Munim Bhaje //
>
> (meaning)
> I  hail  Srinivasa  Muni who obtained the full grace
> of Sri Narayana Yogindra Varadaarya, who always bowed
> at the feet of Lord Ranganatha.
>
> About this Great mahaan, there are two slokas composed
> by Sri RV Krishnamachariar: I am giving only the
> translation (Please forgive my translation as well):
>
> For those who take to sanyaas (renunciation), there
> could be many reasons. Poverty, disinterest in
> samsaaric afflictions, mental worries, non-cooperation
> from spouse etc. For this Swamy (Sri Poundarikapuram
> Andavan Swamy), lot of wealth (inherited), extremely
> cooperative Pathivratha dEvigaL (spouse),; a great
> vidwAn of the first kind. Simply due to his vairAgyam
> alone, he took to sanyaasaasramam.
>
> What kind of vidvathvam he has!
> He is PaNinI in vyAkaraNam.
> GaNAdhar in mImAmsA.
> Vedantha Desikan in Vedantha!
>
> Those vidwAns and scholars who acknowledge the above
> whole heartedly also do not speak in front of Him
> (with respect and fear- bhayam kalandha mariyAdhai)
>
> May He reside (as alwayts) forever in the hearts of
> such Great scholars and vidwAns! (in order to bless
> them as he does always!)
>
> This day about one hundred and fifty five years ago,
> our land witnessed the holy birth of a mahaan in
> Poundarikapuram; truly it was an avtaar of Sriman
> Narayanan  Himself,  who out of His benevolence, and
> sincere determination, Dhrida vratha, to save all
> human beings comes into this world. And the Lord also
> chooses the time, the place and the parents to take
> birth from.  it is all preordained by Him.
>
> It  was  the  day  of  days-  Adi  PoorAdam-  Sowmya
> year,  August 1847, a child-prodigy  was  born   in
> Poundarikapuram village. This village with its sylvan
> surroundings  is  very  near  to  the famous
> Oppiliappan Koil Divya Desam,  whose praise has been
> sung by Peyazhwar, Nammazhwar and Thirumangai Azhwar.
> Enjoying,  so  to  say, the Divya kataaksha of the
> Lord, this cozy village  has  been  the birth of many
> great personages. Among them were the couple-  Sri
> Singaperumal  Ayyangar,  an  effulgent  scholar  and a
> man of unswerving  principles  of personal practice
> and conduct and Smt Senkamalam Ammal,  his  wife.  No
> wonder that Sriman Narayanan chose to take His birth
> from  this  noble  couple  as  their  seventh  son and
> was named after Lord Srinivasan. How so true this
> about Srimad Andavan Poundarikapuram Srinivasa
> Mahadesikan  needs  no  elucidation  to  the
> Srivaishnava world, more so to those  unnumbered
> beneficiaries. This multifaceted genius was a
> [...]

Yahoo! Groups Links