You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00089 Aug 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Immersing himself full and understanding the esoteric
meaning and thereby the vedic truths enshrined in
Nammaazhwaar Srisukthis, Emperumaanaar declares and
establishes the vedic truth and the unparalleled
Supremacy of Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan. The fruit
by taking refuge at the lotus feet of Sriman Narayana
is equal to the combination ubhaya vibhoothi [both
leela vibhoothi and Nithya vibhoothi]. In the verse,
nirayam pala word refers to the hell though, it may
also reflect this samsaaric afflictions and the
narakam [hell] that we pass through in that. yEthE vai
nirayaa: - all places in prakthi maNdalam can also be
interprered to mean.

inpanN tharuperu veetuvanN theythilen? eNNiRantha
thunpanN tharun Nira yampala choozilen? thollulakil
manpal luyir_kat kiRaiyavan maayan enamozintha
anpan anakan iraamaa Nnuchanennai aaNtananE.    30

Sri Ramanujacharya, declared assertively and firmly
(based on Vedic truths) in Sri Bhashyam that
SarvEshwaran is the most wonderful - most Beautiful
Lord- Ascharya BhUthan- who is Sarva sEshi (for all
souls), who is full of samastha KalyANa guNAs (most
auspicious attributes), who has the whole universe and
the beings as part of His ThirumEni (Divine Body) who
is always associated with Sri.

He did not declare this expecting fame or monetary
gain from the same. He declared only and purely for
the sake and benefit of the worldly souls (like us).
Because of His such greatest compassion and grace, He
has enslaved me. And now, because of being blessed
with the servitude to Emperumaanaar, what if I am
granted the mOksham (Bhagawadh anubhavam), or
Kaivaylam (AthmAnubhavam) or even if I am engulfed by
the scorching flames of samsaaric afflictions of hell
and suffering thereby? I care two hoots now for them.

Before getting the bliss of mOkshAnandham, though
undergoing the various suffering in this material
world through various births, for all jeevaathmaas, be
they Devas, Animals, Trees or human beings; the cause
and primordial Chief and Lord of theirs is only Sriman
Narayanan was established unambiguously by
Emperumaanaar. Sarva Jeeva kaaraNan is He alone. He
alone is Creator, Detoroyer and protector of the
Universe. He alone swallows the beings and non-beings
at the end of Cosmic Cycle and retains them in His
stomach for their protection.

He is the One who created even devas, including
Rudran, BrahmA, Indran et al.. Now, after being
blessed with such vedic truth with the grace and
blessing of Sri Ramanujacharya, and after being
associated with EmperumAnAr?s lotus feet and his
sishyas, no samsaaric affliction or any other
suffering would hereafter matter. No need to worry
hereafter as to what would happen.

At the end of this life, since the saranagathi has
already been performed, the moksha anandham is granted
by the Lord and He has taken the pledge to grant and
He would not go back on the same obviously as He is
Sathya kaaman and Sathya sankaplan. However one needs
to have the firmness in mind that even if one is
granted of being in the hell after this life, [even
though their no chance at all for that to happen]
still one needs to be prepared for being in there
especially IF and as long as continuation of being the
sishya of Ramanuja is CONFIRMED. Mental determination
and unflinching belongingness to Ramanuja is to be
interpreted here. In the verse 98th, this will be
explained in detail for idumE iniya swargatthil innam
narakilittu sudumE?

Also in the 34th verse, Ramanuja is going to grant the
avoidance of Hell for ever in our lives.

Thol ulagil man paluyir- this is interpreted to
include all beings, Jeevans- baddha, muktha, Nithya
and all [Sarva] Jeevathmas living in.

EmperumAnAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana