You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00107 Aug 2006

1) BhUshNu: = one who wishes to reach a higher
                            spiritual plateau leading to Moksham
                            through performance of Bhakthi or
                            Prapatthi yOgam.

2) Mukukshu: One who desires ( longs for) Moksham

3) Desikan = AchAryan  , Spiritual perceptor

4) SampradhAyam = SampradheeyathE ithi SampradhAyam.
                                      That which is blessed by a SadAchAryan
                                       to a sishyan through KaalakshEpams
                                       and for making the sishyan " well
grounded
                                       in the traditional knowledge ".

 5) Satthaa  = Svaroopam , innate nature

6) UpAyaa = Means , the path , Route ; Bhakthi and Prapatthi
                       are independent alternative routes ( UpAyams).

7) UpEya=  The End goal , which is the same (Moksham) even if
                     one chooses Bhakthi or Prapatthi yOgam as the means.

8) NyAsa Vidhyaa = one of the 32 Brahma Vidhyaas

9) Sankhaa Panchakam = The Five doubts that plague the mind of
     the Prapannan that will affect the fulfilment of Prapatthi due  to
     lack of Mahaa ViswAsam . Here are the five doubys  that assail one :

9.1: We perform Prapatthi , an easy to do , nontime consuming act
        to gain thegreatest of fruits ( Moksha Sukham). We not only perform
        Prappathi in a small dimension of time but also do it only once.
        Can this observance done once in a trice ( short duration of time)
        really secure the greatest of PurushArTams (viz.,) Moksham .

9.2: By our nature , we are inclined to trespass Bhagavath Saasthrams
        and accumulate mountains of sins. These offenses must provoke
        the anger of the Lord . Will the all powerful Lord condone all these
        trespasses and look away from the consequent bundles of sins ?

9.3: Even after Prapatthi , we consciously committ many trespasses of
        Bhagavath Saasthrams . Will the Lord or Can the Lord ignore them
        and forgive us ?

9.4: I know that I am bent over with the magnituide of my sins , In contrast
       to me are others with noble conducts , who also desire to perform
       Prapatthi to gian Moksham . How Can I be granted the same grand
       reward of Moksham on a par with those noble souls ?

9.5 : The performance of Prapatthi in contrast to the observance of
         Bhakthi yOgam is said to yield Moksham either instantaneously
         (AarTa Prapannan) or at the end of this janmam ( Dhruptha Prapannan).
         How could this happen ? Bhakthi Yogam gains Moksham after many
         births and considerable delays. How could the fruits of  Prapathi can
         be realized within one's own life time ?

These are FIVE lingering Questions in the mind of a Prapannan, which
would destroy his/her Prapatthi due to lack of Mahaa ViswAsam in our Lord.
These doubts has to be dispelled thru the development of Mahaa ViswAsam
( unshakable faith) based on following facts: (1) The most merciful Mahaa
Lakshmi's proximity to the Lord to appeal on our behalf to Her Lord
(2) the Limitless kindness and oudhAryam ( generosity ) of the Lord ,
whose Sanklapam ( will) can not be questioned and as a result of which
He blesses us with Moksham in return fr a pretext (vyAjam ) of a ritual
( Prapatthi anushtAanam).We are very dear to Sriman Narayanan ,
particularly after our Prapatthi .

( To Be Continued).

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan

Yahoo! Groups Links