You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00109 Aug 2006

SrI:
SrImathE Ramanujaya namah:

Dearest all,

Currently Emperumaanaar is at Srirangam permanently.
He had taken birth in Sri Perumpudhoor and then
resided in Kanchipuram studied under Yaadvaprakaasar
about other religions, and learnt from Thirukkacchi
Nambhi about our Sath sampradaya matters. In the
meanwhile blessed with the special merciful anugraham
of Sri Varadaraja and PerundhEvi thaayaar with the
benovelent glances of Swami Alavandhaar through his
vailakshaNya kataaksham. Then Emperumanaar was blessed
with SadAchArya sambandham of Sri MahapoorNa [Periya
Nambhi].

As if his avathAram is the all five strongest divine
weapons of Sriman Narayana, he shines resplendently;
He blesses the world with his most wonderful
sreesookthis like the [correct] excellent commentary
of Brahma soothra namely Sri Bhashya, the commentary
of Bhagavad GitA, Vedaartha sangaraham, Vedanta
Deepam, Saaram etc.. Amaudhaar enjoys such of Swami
Emperumaanar?s past marvels and successes in three
verses.

aaNtikaL naaLthinga LaaynNikaz kaalamel laammanamE!
eeNtupal yOnikaL thORuzal vOm inRO reNNinRiyE
kaaNtaku thOLaNNal thennaththi yoorar kazaliNaikkeezp
pooNtavan paaLan iraamaa Nnuchanaip porunthinamE.  31

Oh my mind! (who is always with me bonded in this
material world!) We have been suffering for aeons in
the bodies of Devas, humans, plants (or trees),
animals, et al and have been suffering in those births
in samsaaric afflictions.

Today, even with no effort from us, due to some past
good deed committed by us, the Lord has blessed with
the sambandham of Sri Ramanuja and it is purely out of
Sri Ramanujacharya's grace. Do you realize what are we
blessed with? We are blessed to stand at the Lotus
Feet of Sri Ramanujacharya, who is the darling child
of most beautiful strong shouldered, most auspicious
-KalyANa guNagaNouga mahaarNavan- Sri Atthigiri
PEraruLALan- Sri PerundEvi PiraaTTi samEtha Sri
Varadan; Our Master- SarvasEshi.

Not just once; again and again, we have taken births
in different wombs; and suffered in each and every one
of them. But today we are blessed with something that
had not happened before at all. That is the Acharya
sambandham of Acharya saarvabhouman Sri Ramanuja. What
a mercy of Devarajan and PerundhEvi thayaar! Right
from the birth our Acharyan was blessed with the
divine kataksham of Sri Varadaraja PerumAL and Sri
Perundhevi Thaayaar and was able to understand the
unambiguous interpretation of Sakala veda, vedantha
saasthras and sprang with full of strength and shone
as the Peerless Acharya. Now we are all blessed with
Swami Emperumaanaar?s presence in Srirangam due to the
mercy of Varadan. What a dayA! He has become
Yathiraaja here. We are able to enjoy Acharya?s lotus
feet here in srirangam, oh mind! Due to his grace
alone this has happened. Now we would never ever
separate ourselves from this blessing. Oh mind! It is
you who has co-operated with me and we are able to
achieve this. Nallai nenjE! This day is the most
wonderful day of all our lives some of which would
have been finished in days; months or years. None to
beat this day, oh mind!

EmperumAnAr ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo Narayana