You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Aug 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00234 Aug 2006

Dear Swamin
                    Aho,Bhagyam, Aho, Bhagyam. Excellent suggestion! As swamin said, Sri Gandamani is in the electronic field ( Hindu Office). His brother Sri Uppili is at Delhi. I shall convey thi to them
                   The same suggestion was given to me to start an E- JOurnal. I am expecting "  go-ahead" orders from Sri Hayagreevan though I am not conversant with this internet , computor, E-Journal etc
But Your Kainkaryam in  digitilization of all issues of Sri Nrusimha Priya is unparalleled and the future generation will be much benefitted by this. It is an time-capsule, it is a treasure that can  benefit  all asthikas . Anybody who has got interest can go throughthis digitilization work done by you,SWamin, and submit papers to Madras University for getting Doctorate Your name will be inscribed in golden letters for this gigantic work,which never thought of.I have words to say further, because my knowledge is limited.
Kindly forgive me If I uttered something wrong
Dasan
Soundararajan
Srikainkarya
"Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SrI:
Dear Sriman Sri SD SWamy :

May I suggest that we consider the possibility of
an Electronic Journal that will reach widely instead of
copies that require Paper , Printing and Mailing charges.

The only problem with this is that many Aasthikaas
may not have access to Computers . On demand printing
can be done for those who prefer the hard copy .
Access to subscription group online thru the payment of
annual sambhaavanaa can be arranged online with Pay Pal
or credit cards .

Microsoft Publisher can be a convenient Software
to accomplish this goal .

adiyEn has the highest regards for Vaikunta Vaasi
Sri Seva Swamy and all of us would like His path breaking
endeavours to spread the glorious message of
Swamy Desikan's Sri Sookthis continue .

For a few Years , adiyEn published an electronic
Journal named SaraNAgathy with Sriman Anbil
Swamy and found it a good vehicle to communicate
with AasthikAs :

http://www.srivaishnava.org/sgati

We moved on as the e-lists concept grew for
informal , global communications . Examples
are Sri Ranga Sri , Oppilappan , Saranagathi
e-lists . Archives in Sripedia is helping to preserve
them .

This model of Saranagathy Journal might be relevant for
Sriman GhantamaNi to continue with the divine sevai of
Sri . U.Ve. Seva Swamy by jumping over the costs of Paper ,
Printing anmd Mailing etc .

adiyEn would like to recommend another iniitative :
It would be worth the while to scan and have digitized images
of all the issues released by Sri Seva Swamy and relese
them as CD ROMs for the benefit of Sri VaishNavaas .

adiyEn just completed the project of digitalization of
all the issues of Sri Nrusimha priya from 1945 to last year
as a ppart of the upcoming SathAbhishEkam of
Srimath Azhagiya Singar on Nov 30 at Srirangam .
There are very authoritative articles by the greatest
minds of our time from the VaishNava Community there
for future generations of Scholars and students .
It is in a queryable manner as a Data Base .This approach
might be of interest to Sri GhnataamaNi as the Editor of
"Sevaa" journal .

Just some thoughts  to consider !

Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan