You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00030 Dec 2003

Dec 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear BhakthAs of Swamy  Desikan :

Today we will study the two Paasurams that refute the BhAskara-
Yaadhava Mathams ( one of the BhEdha- AbhEdha  Matham ).
The detailed account of this matham as a group of FIVE MATHAMS
and its refutation is housed in the 6th Chapter of SrImath Rahasya Thraya
Saaram . Durign Jan 16, 1999 HH Prakrutham Azhagiya Singar gave
a Tele-upanyAsam on the Subject that has been summarized by me in
the Ahobila Matam Web pages:

http://www.ahobilamutt.org/upan/jan1699

Please refer to this postign for details .

179) Refutation of  BhAskara-Yaadhava Matham
***************************************
yEkAnthikam illai yenRu aasayau t-thAmuduppAr
    sOkAnthamAhat-thuRappunDa pinn thozhil vaidhikam
yenRu EkAnthikaL sonna Isan padiyil vikaRpam yeNNUM
   lOkAntha VeeNar tamm vEdAntha Vaartthai vilakkuvamE

(Meaning ): Jaina AchAryaas wear the directions as their dress
( they are naked). They were saying that there are no vasthus with
the same svabhAvam. They became less sure about that declaration
after hearing our criticisms of that concept in AdhvaithA chapter .
Sages VyAsa, ParAsara are the great ones , who established Brahma
Svaroopam as firm and having the same nilai .In those doctrines
established by Sages VyAsa and ParAsarar , the BhAskara-Yaahava
matham followers create discord by suggesting BhEdham and
abhEdham in Brahman .They keep telling that their BhEdhAbhEdha
doctrines are rooted in the VedAs and VedAntham.We will refute their
Matham as unsound in this chapter.

180) Condemnation of the BhEdha-abhEdha Matham of BHaskara-Yaadhava
onRenavum palavenavum thORRuhinRa
   ulahu yellAm oru Bhiramam tAnE aakki
nanRu yenavum theethu yenavum pirintha yellAm
   nanRu anRu theethu yenRE yena navinRAr
kanRum alar pasuvum alar aahi ninRE
   kanRAhi PasuvAhi ninRa vaNNam
inRu maRai mAttukku ohr idayanAna
   yEkAnthi isayinthada nAmm iyambinOmE

Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri SadagOpan

Swamy Desikan ThiruvadikaLE SaraNam

Srimate Sri Laksminrisimha Divya Paduka Sevaka
Srivan Satakopa Sri Narayana Yatindra Mahadesikaya Nama:

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/XUWolB/TM