You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00012 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

 SrI:

 Dear Sri Nrisimha BhakthAs :

 HH the 34th Pattam Srimad Azhagiya Singar's
 Thirunakshatram is being celebrated tomorrow
 ( Dec 2) at SelayUr before the start of the 5 day
 long utsavam for Pralrutham Srimad Azhagiya Singar
 of the 45th Pattam . Today , HH the 43 rd Pattam
 DeavanAr ViLagam Azhagiya Singar was celebrated .

 The Month of Kaarthikai has the distinction of
 having the  Thirunakshatrams of number of
 Azhagiya Singars . HH the 34th Pattam ,
 Atthipattu Azhagiya Singar , who stayed
 on the AchArya Peetam of SrI Matam for
 a short period of 3 years and one Month
 ascended the AchArya Peetam i 1879 C.E
 at the age of sixty one. He was revered
 as a Vedic Rishi ( Rishi Swamy) because
 of His adhyayanam of all the four VedAs.
 He was blessed with Nrisimha SaakshAthkAram
 and is fondly remembered as " Jn~Ana Vruddhar ,
 Seela Vruddhar , PanchakAla ParAyaNar
 and ParamaikAnti Saarvabhoumar".

 Sri Mukund of Simhapuri has paid a moving
 tribute to this great Azhagiya Singar who had
 the power of penance to converse with
 MalOlan ( Mahaa Swamy ) and the depth of
 scholarship to bless us with many Sri Sookthis
 and the sishya sampath of PiLLaipAkkam
 Azhagiya Singar ( HH the 37th Pattam) and
 Kaarukkuricchi Azhagiya Singar (HH the 41st
 Pattam ). Both of them took refuge at the sacred
 feet of Srimad Atthipattu Azhagiya Singar .

 Five of the Azhgiya Singars have sanctified
 the Month of Kaartikai thru their avatAram
 in this Month . They are HH 26th Pattam ,
 29th, 31st , 43rd and 45th Pattam
 Azhagiya Singars .

 Srimad Azhagiya Singar ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil VaradAchAri Sadagopan