You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00020 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Sri Devotees of SrI
Hayagreeva Para Brahmam :

We have studied sofar the significance of the  18  years in the cycle of 60 and added some comments .We will study
the vaibhavam behind the names of next six years now.

It is still not too late to pledge your support nityArAdhanams at Ahobila MaTham in the context of the upcoming
82nd Thirunakshatram of Srimad
Azhagiya Singar . Please contact me for details .

We will cover now SevA Swamiy's tribute to Swamy Desikan thru His Akashya AarAdhanam ( Years 19-24) .

19th SlOkam/Year/Paarthiva:

Paarthiva-stuti vidhAyinA tatA
Paarthivancha vaSAnugruhNhatA
PaathivAsraya sukham nigruNhatA
VedamouLi guruNA dhrutA vayam

(Meaning): He eulogized the Emperor Raaman (Thru Sri Raghuveera Gadhyam).
He blessed a king thru His upadEsam
( SubhAshita Neeveeand Tattva sandRsam ) . He rejected the position offered by a King and the comforts arising from Such a life ( rejection of the offer to be the court VidhvAn of the Vijaya Nagara Kings thru VidhyAraNyar and His rejection thru His VairAghya Panchakam). We have indeed been saved from SamsAric bheeti by seeking the protection of  the sacred feet of this great AchAryan ( NigamAntha MahA Desikan).

20th slOkam/Year/Vyaya (avyaya)

avyayO hi BhagavAn ramAdhava:
savyasAchihitagrun nirantaram
dhivya vaakbhirabhirakshateeha na:
tAdhrusO NigamamouLi Desika:

(Meaning): Sriya: Pathi , our Lord is sampoorNan and is avAptha samasta Kaaman ( without want of any thing ).He is the well wisher for Arjuna , who was skilled in using both his hands for archery ( savyasAchi) in battles . Our Lord saved Arjuna from his confusions
about his kshatriya dharmam thru the UpadEsam of GitA . Swamy Desikan is of the same status to adiyEn just like Lord KrishNaa was to Arjuna .

21st SlOkam/Year/Sarvajith

Sarvajith jagati kOapi na dhrushta:
VedamouLi gurumantarA Prabhum
Sarvajith bhavathy kOapi manushya:
Tasya paadhayugasEvanOtsukha:

(Meaning): Sarvajith is the One who has won over all . Sevaa Swami states that there is no one besides Swamy Desikan , who can be recognized as Sarvajith( winner of all) . Even if it is so , those who have sought the sacred feet of Swamy Desikan for protection can readily become a Sarvajith . The Desika Bhakti of Sevaa Swamigal and his Mahaa
Viswasam in Swamy Desikan is indeed exceptional and paramount .

22nd  SlOkam/Year/SarvadhAri

kudhAree VarAha: gujArir vidhAree
sukUrmO HanUmAn sakOPOtridhAree
Param SankhachakradhidhAree hatAri:
SadhAm VedachUDAgurus-sarvadhAree

(Meaning): Lord VarAha PerumAL supported BhUmi DEvi on His tusk .In KrishNAvatAram , He destroyed the son of BhUmi ( NarakAsuran) . He is borne by Garudan ,His Vaahanam.In a similar manner, the tortoise ( Koormam bearing Mandara mountain ) ,HanumAn  bearing sanjeevi parvatam) and the cowherd (GopAlan holding Govardhana giri) -all of them supported the mountains . Inspite of it , the Lord who bears the disc and the conch uses the weapons that He bears to destroy the enemies of His bhaktAs. Swamy Desikan is the only One,who bears every thing (SarvadhAri)
for the protection of  the SaatvikAs .  The play with the words kutAri , VitAri, Sankha ChakradhAri , HatAri and connecting them thematically to SarvadhAri displays the poetic skills and AchArya Bhakti of Sevaa Swami.

23rd sLOkam/year/VirOdhi

VirOdhi parihArakruth vijayatE hi bhUmanDalE
VirOdhaparihArata: sakaladhivya  sookthishvasou
vibhAti VibhutOttamO vishamatAdhi-
dhUras-sthitO
ViSaalaguNa sEvati: manasi VedachUDA guru:

(Meaning): Our Swamy Desikan destroyed the enemies ( Para matha Vaadhin's doctrines). He composed a Sri Sookti revered as "VirOdha ParihAram " to clear our confusions about the three rahasyams. He was radiant as PaNDita SrEshtar in the entire world . He did not have even an iota of ill will towards anyone. He had all the celebrated Aatma guNams . This is our Swamy !

24th slOkam/Year/Vikruti

vividha vikrutibhAjAm paNDitAnAm samAjE
vividha vikruti jushtE prAkrutEchaiva lOkE
praklruti purushabhEdhA Jn~AnamOhE samittE
prakruti mupakatO mE sAttvikeem DesikEndra:

(Meaning): In this slOkam about Vikruti ,
SevA SwamigaL contrasts Swamy Desikan
as the opposite of the people marked by the blemishes of Vikruti .

Among the assembly of scholars , who undergo all kinds of transformations (Vikruti) and among the common folk , who do not even have the rudiments of Jn~Anam about the differences between Prakruti ( ChEtanAchEtanams) and Purushan ( Iswaran) , Swamy stands in total contrast as the clear comprehender of the doctrines behind the Tattva Trayams ( Prakruti,Jeevan and Iswaran).

( To Be continued )

NamO SrI HayagreevAya ,
Daasan , Oppiliappan Koil V.Sadagopan

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan