You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00058 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavatas:

This week (krithika star in the month karthika) is Tirumangai Mannan’s TN. As we meditate and offer our obeisance to Sri Tirumangai AzhwAr,

here is a short video on AzhwAr’s TN from TiruvAli. I have spliced beautiful renditions of Tanians and a TiruppAsuram by the late Sri Sriram Bharathi.

First the video opens with a number of Tanians on Tirumangai Mannan followed by a TiruppAsuram from Periya Tirumozhi.

At 3:01, you hear the words  “CinNdanaikku iniAy! tiruvE! en AruyirE!” – at the same time, you will see Cindanaikku iniAn on

Sahasra DhArai tAmbALam and His tirumanjana teertam showering on AzhwAr – what a sight!

Then at 03:47, the Sahasra DhArai teertam will make the TirutuzhAi malai/garland on AzhwAr’s tiruttOL slip and

you get the anubhavam of the stunning side profile of AzhwAr, his miDukku, his majestic shoulders and his Divya MangaLa Vigraham.

You could easily visualize the majestic sight of AzhwAr mounting his horse, ADalmA, and galloping to get the anubhavam  in various Divya DEsams.

Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPUHH5MeAT8

Enjoy!

aDiyEn