You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00177 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear Sri Govindarajan Swamin: adiyEn namaskArams::

The very idea of sharing pictures to the group is to
encourage/motivate the bhakthAs and bhAgavathAs to attend the festival
during next year and enjoy the divine anubhavam and receive the
blessings of divyadampathis.

Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya nama:
adiyEn,
senthil.b

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "govindarajan sr"
<srgovind1954@...> wrote:

> [...]
took
> > him as food. But BrahmarAkshasu was not in a position to believe
> > NampAduvAn. BrahmarAkshasu argued that, no one in this world would
> > come back as food. -
> > Is there any possibility that a deer could escape
> > after it was caught up by a lion? -
> >
> > Then NampAduvAn started promising Brahmarakshasu that, if he is
> > not going to return back, he would get sin of those who treat
their guests
> > with difference in hospitality, etc.,.,etc.,
> >
> > But for none of NampAduvAn's promises, BrahmarAkshasu was NOT
> > satisfied, and simply replied ---
> > The promise is like When a cow was caught up by a lion, the Cow
> > promised Lion that it would return back after feeding it's calf
> > (offspring)!
> > So I am not going to leave you!
> >
> > At last NampAduvAn promised that "Who ever thinks/say that
> > Supreme Lord Sriman Narayanan is EQUIVALENT / ON PAR
> > with OR INFERIOR with other dEvathAs, that PAPAM would
> > catch me!"
> >
> > After hearing this BrahmarAkshasu was annoyed by saying that,
> > "Oh BhagavatharE!, What a promise you made!, None would dare
> > to say like that. Now I believe on you, and soon return back. I will
> > wait for you till our return"
> >
> > NampAduvAn happily went to Sri Kurungudi temple, observed his
> > jAkratha vratham, rendered pAsurams on Sri Vadivazhagiya Nambi
> > using various paN's. The last pAsuram that he rendered on Nambi was
> > based on *KAISIKA PAN*.
> >
> > After NampAduvAn completed his ekAdasi vratham, while on the
> > way to BrahmarAkshasu was interrupted by Sri KuRungudi Nambi
> > HIMSELF as an old man. HE advised NampAduvAn to take another
> > path to escape from BrahmarAkshasu. But NampAduvAn was not
> > in a position to defer from his promise to BrahmarAkshasu. Hence
> > Nambi said ---
> > " It's usual in this lOkam that, to save one's own life from an enemy,
> > you can promise on various things, but it's not necessary to
fulfill that
> > vows"
> >
> > But NampAduvAn argued that he would stand on DHARMA, and is
> > going to fulfill the vow that he had made to BrahmarAkshasu.
> > On hearing that, Nambi was happy and blessed NampAduvAn!
> >
> > NampAduvAn returned to BrahmarAkshasu and requested to consume
> > him as food. Rather BrahmarAkshasu deferred from that point, and
> > requested NampAduvAn to grant phalan of the pAsurams that he
> > rendered on Nambi using various paN's.
> >
> > *NampAduvAn* - "As per the promise, I returned back to you. Now you
> > should not defer from our deal "
> > *BrahmarAkshasu* - "Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of
> > at least half of the pAsurams that you rendered on Sri Nambi"
> > *NampAduvAn - *" I didn't praised Kurungudi Nambi based on any phalan.
> > Now you have to consume me and Don't defer from your promise"
> > *BrahmarAkshasu* - "Oh BhagavatharE!, Please grant the phalan of
> > the *last pAsuram based on KAISIKA PAN *that you rendered on Sri
Nambi"
> > *NampAduvAn - *"Initially you seemed to be aggressive and
threatened me
> > that you are going to consume my flesh as food, but now you are
> > requesting for the phalan to rescue from your curse. Can you tell
Who are
> > you? What is your Poorvikam? What is your gOthram? "
> >
> > *BrahmarAkshasu* - "Oh BhagavatharE! My name is Soma Sarma. I was
> > a great vidwan in conducting Yagnams. Due to ahankAram, I made mistake
> > while reciting the mantrams and was cursed by dEvars to became
> > Brahmarakshasu. They also told that, I would be relieved from this
curse
> > after I met a devotee - from chandala kulam - of Sri Nambi at Thiru
> > Kurungudi.
> > Hence I request you to kindly grant me the phalan of the last pAsuram
> > on Kaisika paN and relieve me"
> >
> > After the above request, NampAduvAn granted the phalan of the pAsuram
> > based on Kaisika paN and relieved the Brahmarakshasu from its curse!.
> >
> > The above would be enacted as drama in front of Sri Vadivazhagiya
Nambi
> > during every Kaisika Ekadasi at KAISIKA MANTAPAM.
> >
> > AdiyEn would like to share some pictures taken during the Kaisika
nAtakam
> > at Thiru-k-Kurungudi on Kaisika Ekadasi day - 09-Dec-08.
> > http://picasaweb.google.com/b.senthil2002/KaisikaEkadasi#
> >
> > Namo Sri Sundara ParipoorNAya:
> > adiyEn,
> > senthil.