You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00185 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya nama:

Dearest all,

Let us enjoy the first verse of ThiruppAvai...

maargazhith thingaL madhi niRaindha nannaaLaal *
neeraadap pOdhuveer pOdhuminO nErizhaiyeer *
seer malgum aayppaadic celvac ciRumeergaaL *
koorvER kodunthozhilan nandhagOpan kumaran *
Eraarndha kaNNi yasOdhai iLaNYsingam *
kaar mEnic cengaN kadhir madhiyam pOl mugaththaan *
naaraayaNanE namakkE paRai tharuvaan *
paarOr pugazhap padindhElOr embaavaay.

Having decided to observe the paavai nombu, providence
paved the way for an auspicious day and that was the month of
margazhi. This month of margazhi is very divine as Kannan in His
geethai says, âAmongst the months, I shall be margazhiâ. The
Margazhi sky that is beautiful with a full moon is the dawn of the
day to all the Devas. On an auspicious day like this, she along with
her friends bathes in the river and sets out to meet Kannan and
sing about Him.

Andal says, âDear girls, you were earlier playing joyfully with
Kannan. But, after you grew up to a certain age your parents
stopped you from doing so. But, now they have given you their
permission to go with Kannan and observe this festivalâ. The young
maids, looking bright and decked with beautiful ornaments, set out
in great delight, taking with them all that was necessary for the
travel. âOur Aayarpadi is full of great herds of cattle. You are about
to beget the rare treasure of divine communion with our Lord
Kannan, who is totally blemish lessâ.

âBefore the birth of our Kannan, Nandagopar was very mild and
submissive. But now he has become very strict and vigilant. The
reason for this is because he does not want our Kannan to get hurt
in any way whatsoever. He even drives away flies and ants with a
sharp spear. You might be thinking that Kannan who at present
has such a tight security and luxury might not be allowed to come
with us to perform the nombu. But, do not fear. He is the little lion
cub of Yashoda. Just as Kausalya has great fame for being Lord Sri
Ramaâs mother, so does Yashoda for being Kannanâs mother. When
Kausalya could permit Sri Rama to go to the forest upon the
request of a sage, Yashoda might not object to us taking Kannan
only for the observance of a nombu. Is He not a lion, the
Nrusimhaavataaram of Lord Sriman Narayana? The beauty of His
thirumeni which is of the color of a water bearing cloud, the beauty
of His eyes which look like a bloomed lotus are mesmerizing us and
inspiring us to observer this nombu with Him. His face looks like a
beautifully lit sky with pournami chandra (full moon). His face is as
powerful as the rays of the Sun, which punishes evildoers. For
bhaktas (devotees) like us, he presents Himself as a beautiful bright
moon. So let us shed all fears and go with Him and observe the
nombu. He shall provide great music in soft tones to our nonbu.
unthannOdu utrOmEyAvOm; umakkE nAm AtcheyvOm.

Let us achieve the ultimate by worshipping Lord Kannan who is
Sriman Narayana and so come quickly all of youâ said she..

Let us enjoy the second verse in the afternoon.
Andal ThiruvaDigaLE  SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan