You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Dec 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00216 Dec 2008

Dec 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
Dear all,

It is indeed a terrible loss to us- all over the world - to the group of
Srivaishnavas. Swami blessed us for more than a decade on brilliant detailed
anubhavams referring to erudite scholars' vyAkhyAnams and wrote them in simple
english for us to understand.

His major works were on:

1- Vishnu Sahasranamam- He covered all 1008 namas and shared the commentaries
of Bhattar's (thru Bhagavad GuNa darpaNam), also with cross reference to
Sankara's vyakhyanams... a treasure for us..

2- Swamy Desikan's sthothrams- he covered each sthothra with a summary level
explanation also touching upon some of the nuances in the verses... a great
compilation...

3. Pancharathra agamam-

4- Taatparya RathnAvaLi - He had been blessing us with Swami Desikan's
taatparya rathnAvaLi enjoying Nammazhwar's Thiruvaaymozhi..

Bhagawaan with His intense tvarai wanted our Swami quick and He could not wait
any longer.

We are thankful to Him for enabling us to be associated with such a great
bhAgawatha for so many years and with such nice write ups...

Let us read his posts again and enjoy them - thus paying our tributes and
gratitude with moist eyes, to our beloved Sri Krishnamachari Swami... They are
all available in archives.

May Divya Dampathi grant enough strength to his spouse Smt Kalyani in this
grief and we offer our heartfelt condolences to her.

Regards
namo narayana
dAsan madhavakkannan

<*> Your email settings: