You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00031 Feb 2005

Theory of Relativity

Making Mole out of a Mountain.

No I am not opening up a discussion on e=mcsq
The Big mEAru mountain related to a small stone particle.

Direction,size and even relationships  are relative. Chennai is east of Bangalore but north of trichy.

A cat is bigger than a rat but smaller than a dog. These are all real life day to day examples.

The mEAru malai is supposed to be one of the biggest mountain. In fact, our rituals are logistically  identified and fixed based on the mEAru's location. The large size of mEAru is very well known.If his appears like a small stone in a silambu - paral,Then we should imagine the large sizedness of the person who wears the silambu.

When does this occur? It is none other than our varAha mUrthy. The mEAru malai appears dwindled in His kuLambu and makes the sound of paral inside the silambu when the Lord took the bhUmi as varAhavathAram.

"silambin idai siRu paral pOle periya mEAru, thirukkuLambin gana-gana ppa..." 4-4-8;

That is making mole out of a mountain. Size is but a reltive term isnt it?

vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Links

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia