You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00048 Feb 2005

Sarcasm at its height
vAzhnDhEa pOm! nErEA

What do we do when on a visit to the temple and the temple is closed/ The general practice is to try to approach the bhaTTAchAr and request  him to open the sannidhi or wait till the regular time of the opening of the temple.

Our thirumangai mannan becomes very sensitive. He feels that the closure of the temple is denial by the Lord to grant Him the vision of the Lord Almighty. He takes it to the heart. He chides the Lord and teases Him.The sarcasm is typical of thirumangai mannan and the vUDal pAsuram is unique.

He says "aDiyEan is a jEvathmA always at your service; always at your footsteps; You are not an ordinary deity; You are the Supreme Being; You are full of knowledge and power;

Despite this what has happened? I am denied the vision  of yours. I have not even had a glimpse of YOu, Oh!Lord majestically doing the Divine Walk. What a pity? You know everything; You have got all the powers; However, you have placed me one among the ordinary devotees;

You do not know the subtle difference.
Oh! the Lord of indhaLUr-- Let it Be so. Be Blessed. Let you live fand get on.

The thoughts of thirumangai mannan gets excellently coined into the indhaLUr thiru-mozhi "nummaith thozhudhOAm"

'vAsi vallEr indhaLUrEr, vAzhndhEa pOm nErEA"

What are the thoughts:
"
Is there an  eligibility crieria to get the divine vision of You. Do you consider me an ordinary being and therefore deny this vision? We were all along thinking that You had indeed descended to thiru-indhaLUr to give divine vision to souls like us. But what actually happens? Here also You appear to be restricting with crietria?

The divien thirumEani of yours is to be enjoyed and cherished by aDiyArs. Unfortunately, we are not getting this. Therefore, oh! Dear indhaLUr Lord, You Yourself be with Your divine thirumEani and enjoy."

thirumangai mannan

vAzhndhEA pOm nErEa

dAsan
vanaamalai padmanabhan