You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00083 Feb 2005

On to the pinnacle just to Perish

Does any AzhwAr describe hiranyan as a Lord? Yes indeed !. Our thirumangai AzhwAr does so.

He bestows him the status of a Lord - Lord of his demon-clan. Despite being a demon and proclaimed offender, sri kaliyan describes him as a Lord, the Lord of demon clan and elevates him to in high pedestal but the next minute what happens...
the Lord of the asurAs, gets vanquished and perishes in the hands of our beloved sri nara-simhA.

There are  so many descriptions of hiranya-vadham,each one being a typical style. This is a unique description raising hiranyan to the pinnace just to perish immediately thereafter.

This wonderful narration is in thiru-veLLiyan-kuDi thirumozhi

"muDiudai amararku idar seiyyum asurar tham perumAnai,
anrariyAi madiyidai vaithu mArvai mun kENDa mAyanAr manniay kOil.." 4-10-8.
.

asurar tham perumAnai--> mArvai mun kENDa mAyanAr

vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Links

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia