You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00098 Feb 2005

Tel: (05278) 234321
Sri Ramachandra Parabrahane namaha
SRI RAMASWAMY TEMPLE
(Ammaji Mandir, Established in 1904)
53/3/59, Near Nirmochan Chowraha, Golaghat Road, Ayodhya 224123 (U.P.)
Managaed by : Sri Saraswati Bhanadaram Committee
7, South Mada Street, Triplicane, Chennai - 600005.
RAMASWAMY BRAHMOTSAWAM and
CENTENERY CELEBRATIONS
Dear Patron / Sir / Madam,

Ayodhya is the birth place of Lord RAMA and there is a beautiful templeof Sri Rama in the South Indian styleon the banks of river Sri Sarayu. This is the only temple called as Divya Desam at Ayodhya with Utsava Murthy from the ancient south Indian Divya Desam of Dharbha Sayanam in Ramanad district of Tamilnadu. Besides SriRamar (Moolavar and Utsavar), Nammalwar, Thirumangai Alwar, Udayavar and Manavala Mamunigal are also enshrined in this temple.

Shri Ramaswami Temple (Known as Divya Desam) at Ayodhya was established in 1904 by Sri Yogi Parthasarathy Iyengar Swamin in the name of Saraswathi Bhandaram Committee, Chennai. This year also the committee is conducting Sri Ramaswami Brahotsavam from 13.04.2005 to 17.04.2005 in accordence with South Indian Sri Vaishnava Sampradaya. Programe is as follows:

13.04.2005  Ankurarpanam, Dhwjarohanam, Managalagiri
14.04.2005  Hanumar Vahanam
15.04.2005  Garudavahanam, Kannadi Sevai
16.04.2005  Gajendra Vahanam
17.04.2005  Theerthavari at Sarayu, Sesha Vahanam, Dhwja avarohanam.

Daily, There is Thirumanjanam to Utsvar and Lord Sri Rama is taken out in a vahanam, with lighting, band etc, through the major streets of Ayodhya. The procession takes nearly three hours. Thousands of devoties worship the Lord during the procession and get His blessings. At the end of the procession, prasadam is distributed to all devoties. This is the Only temple in Ayodhya where the deity is taken out in procession.

For conducting the Brahmotsavam at Ayodhya in an appropriate manner, we have to take Adhyapakas, Archakas, Paricharakas, cooks, and others in adaquate number from Soutah India and give them Sambhavana. In addition to this, the daily expenses during the Brahmotsavam come to around Rs, 15,000/-. We depend upon liberal contributions of philanthropists. We appeal to you for donations for celebrating the Sri Rama Navami Brahmotsavam at Ayodhya. All offerings to Lord Rama would be highly meritories. Donations may be sent to above address.

We request you to kindly make a piligrimage to Ayodhya along with your family and friends, take parat in the Brahmostsavam and be bestowed with the blessings of Lord Ramaswami.

We once again request you to donate librally, visit Ayodhya and have blessings of Lord Sri Rama.
Members:
Dr. M.D.Srinivas, Secretary, (044) 28171745
Dr. M.A.Venkatakrishnan, Jt. Secretary, (044) 28441653
Sri M.G Thirumalai,
Dr. Mrs. Y.G.Parathasarathy,
Sri S. Parthasarathy
at Bangalore: