You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00122 Feb 2005

SrI:

This will be the third year , when the Temple will be celebrating Annamacharya Day
at Sri Ranga Mantapam . The date is May 28 ( 2 to 7.30 PM).

AarAdhanam , abhishEkam for Lord Venkatesa will take place
followed by PrasAdham distribution . The Children's recital of
the Compositions of the Saint and  two full fledged Concerts by
experts in the rendering of this extraordinary VenkatEsa BhakthA
and the reputed sishyA of the First Jeeyar of Ahobila Matam
will take place on May 28 , 2005 .

All of you are invited to attend this Musical tribute to the Saint and
his Upaasanaa Moorthy , Lord VenkatEsa of Thirumala .

His krithis are the distilled essence of VaishNava dharmam .
Here is one on his view of what is SandhyA Vandhanam for
this evolved SrI VaishNavar  :

" Sahaja VaishNavAchaara varthanula
   sahavAsamE maa Sandhyaa

athisayamaagu Srihari sankeertana
sathathambunu maa sandhyaa

Mathi Raamaanuja mathamE maakunu
chathuratha merasina sandhyaa

ParamabhAgavatha padha sevanamE
saravi nenna maa sandhyaa

Srivaru mahimalu cheluvondaga
vesaraka vinutae maa sandhyaa

Manthukekka ThirumantrapAtanamE
santhathamunu maa Sandhyaa

Kanthugurudu VenkatagirirAyani
SantharpaNamE maa sandhyaa. "

(Meaning ) : " Having as our companions , persons who follow
the VaishNava way of life is our sandhyaa vandhanam ( Twilight prayer).

Rendering for ever , the excellent  and incomparable Sri Hari sankIrthanams
is our sandhyaa prayer .

Following the religious philosophy of RaamAnuja is our ideal , knowledgable ,
intellectual sandhyaa vandhanam .

On careful reflection , we realize that rendering service (Kaimkaryam) to
the exclusively devoted bhakthAs ( Parama BhAgavathAs) is our beautiful
way of doing sandhyaa.

Listening carefully and tirelessly to the great glories of the consort of
Sri ( PadhmAvathi ThAyAr )  alone is our sandhyaa worship.

To chant forever , the well known and revered AshtAkshara manthram
is our Sandhyaa worship.

To  be engaged in acts( Kaimkaryams)  , which please the father of Manmatha
and  the Lord of Venkatam hills is our only Sandhyaa. "

(PraNavam) NamO VenkatEsAya ,

V.Sadagopan

P.S : On Sunday , April 17 , 2005 , there will be another full concert by
Porfessor Nagamani of Bangalore , where She will render songs by
AzhwArs , AchAryAs and composers on Sriman NaarAyaNan . Please attend
this concert and refer for details to:

http://www.ranganatha.org

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here