You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2005

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00148 Feb 2005

Dear All,

The moment we think of Thirukkannapuram, we are reminded about our Kaliyan. Let us begin with the never ending anubhavam of our Thirumangai Azhwar on Sowrirajan. Azhwar got the meaning of Thirumantram from Sowrirajan. He wanted to recap that and recite that in front of Sowrirajan. In this aspect, he sang the following:

maRRumOr theyva muLatheNn RiruppaarO

duRRilENn, uRRathu muNnNnadi yaarkkadimai,

maRRellam pEchilum nNiNnthiru vettezhuththum

kaRRu,nNaaNn kaNNa puraththuRai yammaaNnE!

One of our Acharya Purushas was little surprised as to why the Azhwar did not mention the subservience directly to Perumal. ?Nedumarkku adimai..? pathikam of Thiruvaymozhi has been drawn in to for explanation

nalla kOtpaat tulagangaL
  moonRi NnuLLum thaan_niRaindha,
allik kamalak kaNNanai
  andhaN kurukoorch chadakOpan,
chollap patta aayiraththuL
  ivaiyum paththum vallaargaL,
nalla pathaththaal manaivaazvar

  konda pendir makkaLE

Nammazhwar refers to Perumal as Allikkamala Kannan. Perumal was just known by the name Kannan prior to the sambandham of Bhagavatas. Only with the sambandham of Bhagavathas, He became Allikkamala Kannan. This pasuram clearly proves the fact that Perumal is very happy when His adiyArs are kept happy.

Let us further enjoy Thirumangai Azhwar?s anubhavam on Sowrirajan in the following postings,

aDiyEn,

ramanan