You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Feb 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00223 Feb 2008

THE ONE WAY EXPRESS ELEVATOR

Yesterday's news item carried a news 'Prices of elevators go up'.

Elevators are gadgets which take us up and down.

We have to place ourselves in the elevators and the elevator take us to the desired heights or depths.

There are express elevators in high rise builidngs where some elevators go non stop upto a particular floor.

The elevators have a role to play indeed but for a price. They have to be invested at a capital cost, need regular maintenance and electrcity. These are shared by various users.

More than all, the person desiring to be elevated has to go and place himself into the elevator.

Imagine an eleavtor which comes to you, hoists you up and takes you through the sun and take you into the divine path -the archirAdhi and finally place you in VaikunTam.

That would be wonderful. It would be a fantasy and fiction , one may feel. Not possibnle even theoritically, scientists may rule out.
Improbable, atheists may disagree.

Well, we SrevaishNavties can take pride in actually having such an eleavtor at our disposal. At our disposal? Is there such a gadget which can lift us to such unimaginable heights. Then, one may exclaim, why then are we not using such an elevator. Perhaps it is very costly! We may not be able to afford it. No sir, it does not involve any outlay. It just requires desire and acceptance. Then, why sir, are we not able to use this?

It is too good to be true. This elevator needs basic accptance and conviction from our side. We lack that perhaps. The eleavtor comes on its own and tries to lift us. We have to express our desire. No sooner we give our consent (madhiyAl isaindhOAm) we are up in a jiffy.

The Great Elevator is none other than EmperumAn Sriman NAryANaNA.

He takes us up through the divine path to the highest abode.

Sri Kaliayan in the first thriumozhi of the second ten ' AT koNdu pOI visumb yEARa vaikkum enthai'

Sri PeriAzvAr clearly points out this fact

'eri kathirOAn maNdalathUdu poi yEthi vaikkum yEANi vAngi aruL koduthu..'

This elevator not only showers mercy on us, not only hoists us through the divien path, not only reaches us to the eternal abode, but unlike the earthly elevator, does not give us a downward movement. Indeed, it is a one way elevator. It gives us only upward mvoement.Yes, the staircase after going up is not needed. The same elevator becoems the desired One at that place.The means becomes the end at that place.EmperumAn blesses us with kainkarya sAmRajyam there -aruL koduth

The ladder/the elevator becomes the sought out one there  at the vaikuntAm.

The means is the end underlines periyAzvAr

yEathi vaithu -yEaNi vAngi -aruL koduthu

dasan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org