You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00003 Jan 2006

Jan 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

One time Bhattar had a major wound in his back and was
suffering a lot. When He went to see the Lord, He asked
Bhattar "Are you afraid that you have to go to my divine
abode soon?"

Bhattar replied "There is no thing that You have not
provided
me. You have given me such grace that if I were to give
someone a small note saying that he be given paramapadam
and
send him to you, then You will do so. However, if I were to

leave here (Srirangam) and go there (paramapadam), then
will
I not lose Your divine cool face, the divine thirunamam on
Your forehead and Your divine smile? That's why I am
worried."

This episode is also repeated in a slightly different
setting.
Once Bhattar went to the Thirumanajanam of the Lord and He
asked Bhattar "Do you need anything from Us?"

Bhattar asked Him to slightly uncover His dress and show
him
the divine beauty of His body. The Lord did so and Bhattar
was able to see Him fully. It is said that whoever thus
sees
Him will attain His divine feet soon.

The rest of the conversation between the Lord and Bhattar
follows as from above.

Azhvar Emberumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam

A Day in the Life of Our Acharyas:
http://www.acharya.org/articles/aditlooa/index.html

http://us.click.yahoo.com/lMct6A/Vp3LAA/i1hLAA/XUWolB/TM