You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00075 Jan 2007

Jan 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Vaikuntanatha Vijayasana Bhoomipala
Devesa pankajavilichana choranatyan
Nikshepvittha Makaraya Karnapasou
Natham Namami Vakulabharanena saartham

-Sri Manavala Mamunigal

puligudikkitandhu varagunamangai irundhu vaikundhaththul ninRu......
..............enakkaruli.............kaanavaa raayE        (TVM 9.2.4)

enakkaruli
Azhwar claims himself to be unfit /rather not qualified to get the grace of Perumal. Despite this fact, Azhwar pleads to Perumal not to leave him out. Our ancestors refer this to the following pasuram of Kulasekara Perumal:

venganthin kaLiratartthaay viRRuvakkOttammaanE
enguppOyuykEnunninaiyatiyE yataiyalallaal

engumpOyk karaikaaNaa theRikadalvaay meendEyum
vangatthin koompErum maapparavai pOnREnE  (Perumal Thirumozhi 5.5)

"A bird wanted to cross an ocean. It was initially smart enough to get on the deck of the ship. As the ship was on the mid-way to the destination, the bird could see the destination. Thinking that the destination is close by, the bird thought that it need not depend on the ship any longer. Hence, it started to fly out of the ship towards the destination only to realize that the destination was not actully that near by to be reached by itself. It tried out only to end up failing. It could not cross the ocean. Hence, it finally came back to the old place, the ship. All that I possess just pushes me into this oceanof samsara, and makes me tired. Unless I cath hold of your thiruvadi (feet), I cannot cross this ocean of samsara.All that I possess just pushes me into this oceanof samsara, and makes me tired. Unless I cath hold of your thiruvadi (feet), I cannot cross this ocean of samsara."

While surrendering to Uyyavandha Perumal in ThiruvitthuvakkOdu, Kulasekar Aazwar refers to the above story in the "venganthin kaloiradartthaay ..pasuram

AdhAram-AdhEyam

enakkaruli...

Here is what Nammazhwar says:
"You are showing your beutiful thirukkOlam of sayanam in Thiruppulingudi, irudha (sitting posture) in Varagunamangai and nindra (standing) in SriVaikundam rezpectively. With all this darshan, you have been instrumental in me attaining maturity (saturation) of bhakti on you. This matured bhakti has enabled me to always think about your kalyana gunas. Hence, there is none other than you who is the AdhAram (base or something to sustain on) for me. "

(To be Continued)

adiyEn,
ramanan