You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00081 Jan 2007

Jan 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Vaikuntanatha Vijayasana Bhoomipala
Devesa pankajavilichana choranatyan
Nikshepvittha Makaraya Karnapasou
Natham Namami Vakulabharanena saartham

-Sri Manavala Mamunigal

pulingutikkitandhu varagunamangai irundhu vaikundhaththul ninRu,
thelindhaven chindhai akangazi yaathE ennaiyaaL vaay.......
        (TVM 9.2.4)

Rain is the much needed entity for a field that is dying without water for a long period of time. The cloud does not bring rain to the field all the time. It happens only during a particular period of the year. Still the crops are very much dependant on this cloud to bring rains and revitalize them. This is the kind of relationship between jIvAtma and Perumal. None other than Perumal can offer bhOgam to the souls suffering in samsara. This relationship of bhOgta-bhOgyam is explained by Kulasekara Perumal in the pasuram on Uyyavandha Perumal in ThiruVitthuvakkOdu.

etthanaiyum vaanmarantha kaalatthum paingoozhkaL
maiththezhuntha maamukilE paartthirukkum maRRavaippOl
meytthuyarveet taavitinum viRRuvakkOttammaa
ensitthammiga vunpOlE vaippa NnatiyEnE        (PERUMAL THIRUMOZHI 5.7)

akangazi yaathE ennaiyaaL vaay...

Nammazhwar also talks about the bhOgta-bhOgyam relationship in the above words of the pasuram for Thiruppulingudi pathigam.

"You were the one to actually give the maturity of bhakti to me, and hence were very much interested in visiting me in my place. Moreover, you have enabled me to always think about your kalyana gunas. You would  come and grace me only when you want to do so, and not necessarily when I pray for your darshan (like how the cloud pours the rain only during a certain time and and not necessarily when the crop is looking for it). "

This ends Azhwar's anubhavam on Thiruppulingudi pathigam. What is this kind of bhakti that is spoken about by Azhwar time and again in this pathigam? Where did it all start for VazhuthinAdan? Let us continue with the trip of ThirVazhuthi valanAttu Divya Desa yatrai with the most significant Divya Desam for KarimAran from the next posting in the series..
(To be Continued)

adiyEn,
ramanan

Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta. __._,_.___

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list