You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00152 Jan 2007

Jan 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:

Dear SrI Balaji :

Thanks very much for your postive feedback.
Let us wait and see how much enthusiasm is
there for creation of the e-book .

It can be grouped under the Vocal , Instrumental
categories . Interviews with  Sangeetha Kalanidhis
Srimans Lalgudi Jayaraman , T.N.KrishNan and other
leading experts in Vocal , Percussion instruments ,
String Instruments could be captured in the form of oral
History (their  Guru Parampara , Highlights of their
careers , the trend changes etc) .

The core of the E-books could be  the Biography of
Carnatic Music giants of their times , who have  made a mark
on future generations all the way down to today their sishya
Paramparais as Maarga darsis :

Mutthayya Bhagavthar, Namakkal Narasimha Iyengar ,
Poochi Srinivasa IyengAr , KumbaKonam Flute
Nagaraja Rao , KumbakOnam Violin RajamaNikkam
PiLLai , Mahaa VaidhyanAtha Iyer, Bangalore Nagaratna
AmmAL , Pandanallur MeenAkshi Sundaram PiLLai ,
Kanchi Nayanaa PiLLai , ChitthUr Subramanya PiLLai ,
Mathurai Somu , A.K.C.Natarajan , Thiruveezhimalai
(Naathaswaram) Brothers , BhudalUr ( GhOttu Vadhyam)
KrishNa Moorthy SaasthrigaL, HemAmbhika Das Harmonium
Subramanya Iyer , VeeNaa SubbaNNA , VeeNaa SeshaNNa ,
Pazhani Subbudu , MalaikOttai Govindaswamy PiLLai ,
ThirukkOdikaaval KrishNa Iyer , Gopala KrishNa Bharathy ,
Madhurai MaNI ,VeeNai DhanammAL , HArikathaa KaalakshEpa
vidwAns like Tanjore Krishna Bhagavathar , Embar Vijaya RaghavAcchAr ,
Composers like Kavi Kunjara Bharathi , Koteeswara Iyer etc.

Another focus could be on rare Koil instruments , songs and
dances (Pancha Mukha Vadhyam , Kurunkuzhal ,Glass Dolai ,
Jalatarangam , Periya Mealam,  tEvAram , Varieties of sticks
used in playing Drums , Kirikatti Vadhyam , Gummatti Vaadhyam ,
KUndalam, Damaram, Tamukku ,Udukkai , DavaNdai ,
Surya Pirai, Chandra Pairai , THirucchiNNam , Navasandhi
Koutthuvam , Kuravanji dance drama , etc.,,

If there is sufficient interest , we can form a group of people
who can add value to this site and build up the content
for e-books .

V.Sadagopan
http://www.ibiblio.org/sadagopan

or

http://www.ibiblio.org/sadagopan/nk/nkmaim.htm

for access to Tamil write up of 300 Plus
pages on Ghanan Raaga Pancha ratnam
( Naama Kusumams of Saint ThyagarAja) .

http://www.ibiblio.org/sadagopan/thiruppavai

for 72 MeLa Raga Krithis & other Music  related items