You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00156 Jan 2007

Jan 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Malaysian Hindu temple gets ISO certification

Sunday, 21 January , 2007, 14:30

Kuala Lumpur: A temple in Malaysia has probably become the first in the world to achieve the international quality service certification for its religious, cultural and social services to Hindus.

The administration of the Sri Sundararaja Perumal temple in Klang near Kuala Lumpur worked on getting the ISO 9001:2000 certification for the past three years by enhancing its administrative needs which include assisting schools, orphanages, charities and areas like religion, education, social and humanitarian development.

Temple President S Aanandakrishnan said that with the ISO award, temple religious activities would be standardised to set a precedent for other temples, Bernama newsagency reported.

"Other temples are not bounded to follow our standard operating procedure, but we wanted to set a benchmark by achieving this award so that people will know we quality services in religious faith.

"By standardising our religious procedure, devotees will get similar and fair treatment in terms of wedding ceremony and other rituals," he said.

The Sundararaja temple known as "Tirupati of South East Asia" is the largest Vaishnavite temple in West Malaysia. It was built more than 100 years ago.

Sampathkumar Anand, anand@xxxxxxxxxx

Senior Partner & Chief of People

Malola Learning

Singapore +65 9456 0472  India +91-99401 97845

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
To subscribe to the list