You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00095 Jan 2008

Jan 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Swamins, The temple adminstration in many temples
of late has not been what it should be. The lack of
faith is clearly visible in many temples. It has
become tortally commercial. First, the Archakas have
to have total commitment to the Lord whom they are
serving. At many places they are exploiting the
sincere devotees almost to the extent of looting them.
They also show concern and servc only the moneyed
ones. Ordinary bhaktas who come to the temple with
full regard not only for the diety but also for those
like the archakas who are close to the deity, are
being treated badly. Only monied people who throw
their black money like anything receive all kinds of
respect and are being attended to before any one else.

AdiyEn's view that many of our divya desams lost their
prominence decades ago and stand totally neglected due
to the departure of the Lord from there.
Now our AchAryas have taken up the revival of these
temples. It is a good initiative. However, unless the
maintenance of the sanctity is ensured it is not going
to work in this materialistic world.
The authorities who maintain the temple should first
set an example that they are really devotees without
any selfish motives. Then only such things will not
happen. What is the need to leave so many valusble
ornaments on the idols? They should be kept in safety
lockers and used only during festival times under
special security. Only those who have sincere faith
and without any selfish desire for extra materialistic
benefits should be appointed as archakas and
employees. They should function without even an iota
of selfishness. In those days these things were
strictly taken care of and that was the reason why the
sanctity existed. As time passed sincerity evaporated
and the Lord had to leave such places and only
beautiful structures are standing now without the aura
of the Lord in such temples.
AdiyEn may kindly be excused for expressing my long
felt views.
dAsan
SrInivasan

--- soundararajan desikan <srikainkarya@xxxxxxxxx>

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEK20080105220318&Page=K&Title=Southern+News+-+Karnataka&Topic=0]

> [...]
>
> Sunday January 6 2008 08:24 IST
> EXPRESS NEWS SERVICE
>
> MELKOTE: In a major temple theft in the district,
> thieves struck at
> the famous Yoganarashimha Swamy temple at Melkote
> and escaped with
> jewellery worth several crores of rupees on Friday
> night.
>
> According to police, thieves had entered the
> sanctum, sanctorum of
> the temple at midnight, broke open the doors and
> escaped with
> jewellery worth several crores of rupees.
>
> The articles stolen include precious items like
> diamond studded
> crown, silver, chakras, shankus and tirunamagalu.
>
> The theft came to light when the priest came to the
> temple for
> offering morning pooja. He then informed the police.
>
> Santhanam, a temple priest said, according to a 2002
> valuation by the
> endowment department, the stolen jewellery was worth
> Rs 1.5 crore.
>
> The present value of the jewellery could be many
> crores more as the
> prices of gold and silver have sky-rocketed since
> 2002, Santhanam
> said. These gold ornaments were gifted to the temple
> mainly by
> erstwhile Mysore Wadiyar kings and devotees.''Since
> they also have an
> antique value, the stolen articles are priceless,''
> he said.
>
> Meanwhile, police suspect the involvement of
> security guards.
> According to the police, Yoganarashimha Temple has
> strong iron doors
> and they cannot be broken unless the thieves have
> help from temple
> staff.
>
> Circle inspector S T Siddalingappa said the guards
> are absconding and
> their involvement in the crime cannot be ruled out.
>
> The theft in the century old temple has raised many
> questions about
> the temples' security. The temple is under the State
> endowment
> department, which is responsible for its security.
>
> Temple's administrator Poovappa, Assistant
> Commissioner Purnima,
> Pandavapura taluk tahashildar Shilaja, ASP D M
> Krisnam Raju and
> endowment department officers visited the scene.
> Pandavapura police
> have registered a case.
>
> --- "Dr. Sadagopan" <yennappan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > SrI:
> >
> > Dear Malolan :
> > There was no content in your message
> > on this topic . What happened ?
> >
> > V.S
> >

> Now you can chat without downloading messenger. Go
> http://in.messenger.yahoo.com/webmessengerpromo.php
>

> --
> With Best wishes,
> Vijayaraghavan.S

> Looking for last minute shopping deals?  Find them

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)