You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00100 Jan 2008

Jan 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

NOTE: Readers having difficulty in reading the text
may need to change their encoding to UTF-8.
--------------

TIRUVIRUTTAM
And
THE AUSPICIOUS QUALITIES OF THE LORD (20)
-----

96. He has created quite a number of deities,
religions and the means of worship only to kindle such
devotion towards Him.

 ?vaNangum thuRaikaL palapalavAkki, mathivikaRpAl
  piNangum camayam  palapalavAkki,  avaiyavaithORu
  aNangum  palapalavAkki, nin moorthi  parappi
vaitthAy!
  iNangu ninnOrai illAy! ninkaN  vEtkai ezhuvippanE.?

(You have created various means of worship! According
to the different levels of knowledge of the people,
You have created various religions opposed to each
other. Within every religion, You have created various
deities, through whom You have scattered Your own
forms every where! There is none comparable to You at
all!  I shall develop my devotion only towards You,
further and further.)

97. He is surrounded by nitya sooris who are
worshipping Him continuously, without a break, with
the greatest devotion.

                               ?imaiyOrkaL  kuzhAm
thozhuvathum, choozhvathum  cey  thollai  mAlaik
kaNNArak kaNdu
kazhivathOr  kAthal uRRArkkum  uNdO  kaNkaL
thunchuthalE??

(Will there be any rest by way of sleep for the eyes
of those who are blessed with such immense devotion
towards the Lord, Who has neither beginning nor an
end, and Who is being continuously worshipped by the
countless nitya sooris, surrounding Him on all the
sides.)

98. He has the wonderful quality of simplicity which
cannot be fully realized even by the nitya sooris.

     ?imaiyOr  thamakkum
thancArvilAtha  thanipperu  moorthi-than  mAyam
chevvE
nenchAl   ninaipparithAl  veNNaiyooN  ennum  eenac
chollE.?

(It is almost impossible to imagine, even for the
nitya sooris, about the meanest act of stealing and
eating the butter (in cowherds? homes)  indulged by
the Lord, Who has no one who can be said to be equal
to Him, and Who has the pleasantest form which has no
parallel at all!)

99.  The Lord is the only one, Who thus does good to
all, without exception, by protecting them and
granting the spiritual knowledge to them.

?eenacchollAyinumAk, eRithirai vaiyamuRRum
 EnatthuruvAy  idantha-pirAn,  irungkaRpakam cEr
 vAnatthavarkkum  allAthavarkkum maRRellA  yavarkkum
 j~nAnap-pirAnai allAl  illai  nAn  kaNda
nallathuvE.?

(Let my conclusion be the meanest for some! There is
nothing that I know better than my Lord, Who, as the
incarnation of VarAha, picked up the world with the
horn from the violent waters of the deluge; and Who
blessed all the gods, humans and all others like
sages, with the spiritual knowledge!)

100. Like the Lord, this work about Him will also do
good to all who have gone through this; they will be
saved from any more miserable births.

                                       ?innooRum
vallAr  azhunthAr  piRappAm
 pollA  aruvinai  mAya  van-chERRaLLal  poinilatthE.?

(Those, who master these hundred verses, will not fall
any more into the muddy waters of births and rebirths,
in this deceptive world, which are miserable and
cannot be avoided otherwise.)
SURRENDER AT THE FEET SRI NAMMAZHVAR
SURRENDER AT THE FEET OF POORVACHARYARS
SURRENDER AT THE FEET OF SRIMAD AZHAGIYA SINGAR

THE END

dAsan
Anbil S. SrInivAsan
---------