You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jan 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00301 Jan 2008

Jan 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

The mail I received from Oppiliappan groups also contained the extraneous characters;  however, when I went to the 'view' option in one of the toolbars and chose the UTS-8 choice under the 'encoding', the text was displayed correctly.  Can you kindly try out this option and see if it works for you, and let the readers know if it works.

-dAsan kRshNamAcAryan

srinivasan sowmianarayanan <vasans2004@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Respectful SwAmin, this text contains some charaters
not legible. Earlier also, adiyEn got some postings
like this. Pl. do some thing to make it all right.
Regards,
dAsan
SrInivAsan
--- Narasimhan Krishnamachari
wrote:

> SrImate ra'nga rAmAnuja mahA
> deSikAya namaH.
> tAtparya ratnAvaLi -
> Submission 50, Slokam 19 Part 3,
> tiruvAimozhi 1.8,
> pASuram-s 1..7 to 1.8.10.
>
> · pASuram 1.8.7:
>
> koNDAn Ezh viDai uNDAn Ezh vaiyam
> taN tAmam Seidu en eN tAn AnAnE.
>
> Ezh viDai koNDAn, Ezh vaiyam uNDAn, taN tAmam
> Seidu, en eN tAn AnAn â?? He who slew the seven
> bulls for the sake of nappinnai, and swallowed the
> seven worlds to protect them from the great deluge,
> did what I longed for, and made my mind His abode,
> treating it as parama padam itself.
>
> svAmi deSikan describes the gist of this pASuram
> through the words â?? â??sat-citta ananya vRttauâ??
> â?? en eNNam tAn AnAn - He who makes it His job to
> be exactly as the devotee desires. SrI
> veâ??nkaTeSAcArya explains this as â??ASrita
> manoratha sadRSa vyApArattai uDaiyanumAiâ??.
> BhagavAn made AzhvArâ??s mind His dwelling place
> (taN tAmam Seidu) exactly as AzhvAr desired (en eN
> tAn AnAn). He considered AzhvArâ??s mind the same
> as SrI vaikunTham, and made it His resort. Another
> way to look at this is that while AzhvAr wanted to
> be in SrI vaikunTham with perumAL, He reciprocated
> by wanting to come to tirunagari and be with AzhvAr
> â?? â??sat citta anaya vRttauâ??. AzhvAr wanted to
> mingle with emperumAn intimately, and He took over
> that desire and mingled with AzhvAr, and performed
> feats such as killing the seven bulls for the sake
> of nappinnai, swallowing the seven worlds, etc.,
> just to captivate AzhvAr by these acts of His.
> AzhvAr wanted to reach parama padam,
> immerse himself in virajA river, and enjoy Him by
> singimg sAma gAnam to Him; bhagavAn reciprocated and
> wanted to come to tirunagari, immerse Himself in
> tAmraparAaNi river, and enjoy listening to kaNNiNuN
> SiRuttAmbu and enjoy nammAzhvAr â?? en eNNam tAn
> AnAn â?? sat-citta ananya vRttau.
>
> · pASuram 1.8.8:
>
> AnAn An Ayan mInODu Enamum
> tAn AnAn; ennil tAnAya Saâ??ngE.
>
> An Ayan AnAn mInODu Enamum tAn AnAn; ennil tAn
> Aya Saâ??ngE â?? The same One who took incarnation
> as a cowherd, also took incarnations as matsya
> (Fish), varAha (Boar) etc. This way, the
> incarnations He has taken are countless (Saâ??nkham
> â?? a very large number).
>
> svAmi deSikan describes the gist of this pASuram
> with the words â??vibhava sama tanauâ?? â?? AnAn An
> Ayan mInODu Enamum â?? He whose incarnations are as
> unlimited as His greatness. SrI PBA explains this
> as: tannuDaiya vibhavaâ??ngaLukku ellai illAdAp
> pOlE tan vigrahaâ??ngaLukkum ellai illAdavan â??
> Just as there is no limit to His greatness, there is
> no limit to His incarnations also. AzhvAr is
> enjoying His greatness, exclaiming that He took so
> many beautiful incarnations just to make it possible
> for AzhvAr to enjoy His greatness (another
> interpretation for â??ennil tAnAya Saâ??ngEâ?? â??
> it is because of His great attachment to me that He
> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:Oppiliappan-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
mailto:Oppiliappan-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. __._,_.___

Oppiliappan Koil Varadachari Sadagopan
http://www.sadagopan.org

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia