You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00067 Jul 2003

Jul 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear bhagavathas,

As a follow up to the article by Shri M P Bhattathiry.

The differerence could be only the physical appearance between Ishwara and Guru. Guru has only one Head ( unlike Brahma) ;only one hand ( unlike Vishnu) and only two eyes ( unlike Shiva.).

Some times we are not able to get back our peace even after we address our grievances to Ishwara; but Guru can offer us immediate remedy and restore our peace. Guru is the source of all the three; that is why He is known as "Parabrahaman". By reciting this verse of
Vyasa we learn not to differentiate between the two Gods Vishnu and Siva. But at the same time without grace of Lord how can we obtain our Guru?. As Sankara says in viveka chudamani" Durlabham trayamevaitat Devanugraha hetukam; Manusyatvam, Mahapurusasamsrayah"
" Three great and rare opportunities or boons are obtained  by the Grace of Lord; the first birth as a human; the second is the desire to know the truth; and the third is obtaining a great man as one's Guru".

Beginning with the Lord Himself, we bow to all the Gurus whose grace and inspiration have guided us on the spiritual path .

OM SRI GURUBHYO NAMAH.

Pranams

V K Vijayaraghavan

Home Page