You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00002 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

AzhwAr says: even if there is a hurdle to enjoy
perceiving You as the One manifested in everything,
You are the One to be worshipped and prayed to for
mercifully dispelling such thoughts as well.

adakkarumpu lan_kaL_aintha
dakkiyaasai yaamavai,
thodakkaRuththu vanthun^iNntho
zhiRkaNinRa vennain^ee,
vidakkaruthi meyseyaathu
mikkoraasai yaakkilum,
kadaRkidantha ninnalaalor
kaNNilEnem maNNalE! (95)

My Swami! Controlling the five senses - which are the
most difficult to regulate and monitor- and plucking
the desires of those sense organs from their roots;
immersing and indulging in enjoying about You and Your
Glories and kalyANa guNAs; and involving and occupying
oneself in the eternal service at Your feet -Please
bless this adiyEn (lowly self) for the same. Even if
You decide to let me indulge in other matters and
desires for the same, I would always ever consider
You- the Reclining lord on Milky Ocean- as the Only
means and Nothing or none else.
The Body, the senses, the prANa, AthmA, and other
auxiliaries - are all You as the antharAThmA in them
[as mentioned in earlier verse 94]; Thus contemplating
the same, with a saatvIka tyAga (that You alone are
carrying out the duties for your pleasure and I am
only an instrument to execute the action)- performing
the actions and duties; and still the strong forceful
senses that pull towards the sensual pleasures are
also controlled with great efforts and difficulty and
taking them and snatching them away from seeking their
respective pleasures or pursuits; Even if I do that
and I have been doing the same for years, there could
still be some kind of desire which would pull me
terribly and I may be trapped in it completely. Even
if [You] enticing me with such desires for senses and
myself getting into the pains and pleasures arising
out of such desires, I would still hold on to You only
as the Means for removing such connection and sorrows
/ desires from me.. I do not have anyone else nor is
anyone else capable of that.

Hence, in order to let You continue Your maayam, and
for your sport, You can choose to entice the
jeevathmas, and while doing so, please bless aDiyEn in
not letting my senses go towards worldly desires and
get trapped; Please bless me to have the knowledge of
You being antharyaami in all of them and manifested in
everything at all times and Please be inside my heart
always thus- to remove or prevent me from going
towards seeking such sensual pleasures (in case).

kadaRkidantha- For the sake of devotees (Asrithars)
and to fulfil their wants only (to enjoy Your rUpam),
You take avathArams on Milky Ocean.

nin alAl- Except You

em aNNalE! Our SwamI! Our nAThA! Our Master! You are
SarvEshwaran; It is our role to pray; our nature to
pray to You. Our nature is to be dependent on You; to
pray and look for Your protection and our nature is to
be Your servant (sEshan); our nature is to seek
protection from You and You alone.

Your nature is to save us; to protect us; It is Your
swarUpam.. You are the sEshi; We are sEshars; You are
Swami; We are dAsars; You are Sarvagna sEshI
(Omniscient Master); You are rakshakan; we are
rakshyas; You are Saranyan; We are Saranagathars. You
are the Master of all, plants, humans, animals, Devas
[right upto Chathur mukha BrahmA, devendran, Rudran et

Thirumazhisai Piraan ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
namo narayana
dAsan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail