You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00028 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesikaya namah:
Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Lord asks: Azhweer, in 83rd verse, You mentioned that
the love and devotion for Me on this earth is even
better and grader than having the same at
Paramapadham. And you surrendered and prayed to Me for
residing in your heart permanently for that. Since I
consider that it is unnatural for one to have the Lord
reside in his heart here in leelA vibhUthi at all
times [especially due to the influence of Three
guNAs], now after my explanation, You have decided to
seek Paramapadham. But without any performance of
action as upAyam (means), it is against saasthrAs and
how can I grant against saasthrAs?- AzhwAr responds:

veyyavaazhi sankuthaNdu
  villumvaaLu mEnthuseerk
kaiya,seyya pOthilmaathu
  sErumaar_pa naathanE,
aiyilaaya vaakkain^Oya
  Ruththuvanthu ninnadainthu,
uyvathOru paayamn^eeye
  Nnakkun^alka vENdumE.     (97)

oh Lord- The One who holds the cruel five weapons
(Pancha Ayudhas) in Your most beautiful resplendent
hands! The One who houses divine consort- SrI
Mahalskhmi- seated on red lotus- in Your divine Chest
forever! My swami! The Lord! remove all the ills
associated with this imperfect body of mine and enable
me attain Paramapadham to get You and be with You for
ever; In order to get saved so, please bless me to let
me know from You what I need to do to attain that.

Always You possess these five weapons- Pancha Ayudhas
in Your Hands- That itself is the identify for Your
Supreme Lordship. Sankha, ChakradAhari. So, do not
attempt to say that you do not have tools to remove
the enemies. You always have them. Also there should
be mind to send those weapons to destroy and remove
hurdles and enemies. For that, the most merciful,
meditarix, Purushakaara bhUthai- Sri Mahalskhsmi
always resides in Your divine Chest and You listen to
her recommendation on our pitiable states. You can,
thus, not say that She is not here now; when she comes
back, I will ask her if I can accept your prayers
etc.. She always is with You- never ever separated
from You- agalagillEn uRaiyum enRu alarmEl managai
uRai maarbhan nee. She stays with You always to bring
You as the Means and to let us attain You both as the
Goal, She herself takes the role of the Means along
with You and it is all because of Your (both)
sankalpam (will) and hence there can not be any worry
for me that this would not happen. It is sure to
happen. You are also SwamI.. You are the Protector as
well. Thus with such greatness you have, You are still
sowlabhyan and sahajavaathsalyan- expecting a mere
prayer as an excuse. Thus, You are always ever ready
to protect us. Siddham. For me, also the diseases
(karmic) keep coming to this physical body for ages
and the experiences arising out of them are very many
and hence I have to have vairAgyam (detachment); There
should be some sort of act as means as an excuse to
please You and seek Your protection; else You would be
considered as pakshapaadhi (partial) to some
jeevathmas only. I have [been blessed to have]
realized that. That can be either bhakti yoga or
prapatti. Please bless me which one I need to perform.

Since I mentioned with my verse kulangalaaya (not
being born in any of four kulams], is it prapatti? or
due to my poorva jannma, I am blessed to perform yoga
and hence is it bhakti yoga? That's why AzhwAr says:
enakku specifcally in this verse.

Thirumazhisai Piraan ThiruvadigaLE SaraNam
regards
namo narayana
dAsan

http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo