You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00050 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear srevaishNavites,

FORGETTING THE DIVINE NAME OF THE LORD

What wil happen if we forget the divine name of the Lord?
The assistants of "yamA" will not touch us.
What a paradox. All along it is understood that the divine name of the Lord is the salavation from the yama kinkarA-s. Now it is said that forgetting the
name of the Lord will result in this benefit?
Well, it is not that this is applicable for all the souls universally. It is for those who even if they forget the name of the Lord
but never , never  never submit their souls to other deities this is applicable.

Thirumazhisai AzhwAr also talks about this forgetting.

He talks about the nature of srevaishNavites.

Their conviction in relation to other deities.

Even by such type of forgetfulness, we srevaishNavites will not worhip other deities is the message delivered by AzhwAr.

"thiRambEan min kaNdEr, thiruvadi than nAmam
maRandhum, puRam thozhA mAndhar..." nAnmugan thiruvandhAdhi -68

The message is that - the soul meant for the Lord may not be submitted at His divine feet; However, it should definietly not laid at the altar of others.

(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here