You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00201 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SrI:
SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesika namah:

Dearest Srivaishnavas,

Last verse- AzhwAr said in the last line: poRutthu
nalgu- Forgive, accept and bless these verse.. ? last
verse was about seeking His forgiveness for offense-;
this verse is on seeking His acceptance and Blessing.

vaithun^innai vallavaapa
  zhiththavarkkum maaRilpOr
seythun^innai seRRatheeyil
  venthavarkkum vanthunnai
eythalaaku menparaatha
  laalemmaaya! naayinEn,
seythakuRRam naRRamaaka
  vEkoLNYaala naathanE!     (111)

Our most wonderful Lord! AscharyanE! [em maaya!]
JagannAthA! (jnAlam nathanE!) About Such Greatest You-
such Blemishless Faultless Supreme Lord, they-
sisupAla and others] alleged some negative qualities
and wring intentions on Your deeds and distorted the
leelAs of Yours as dhOshams and performed a battle
against You [who has no enemy or opposition to You at
all] and got themselves killed in the battle filed
being burnt by the fire and flakes of Your anger. Even
the likes of such SisupAlan attained Your Lotus Feet
and are able to attain Your abode- Thus Greatest Sages
praise You to reach and attain You and thus blessed us
with their verses and compositions. Hence, this
ignoramus, illiterate, a~njnAni, also has sung these
verse- and please consider and think as if these
apAradhams (apachArams- offences - mistakes- blunders)
are good ones (as upAchArams). [naayinEn seydha kuRRam
naRRam aagavE koL].

Azhweer! When you do without purity, and what you did
is kuRRam (apacharam or offences), how can I forgive
that and accept, condone? Then if that is the case, I
need to accept everyone's action in the world and
grant them mOksham? on similar lines. ? Lord asks. The
response is this verse.

The Sages have declared that forgiving the apachArams
and follies- wrong doings- is Your guNA and You accept
those wrong doers as well. Sisuapala said that You are
not a kshathriyan; You are a mere lowly cowherd Boy;
You are not qualified to wed Rukmini PiraaTTi; Thus-
He alleged such unparliamentary words and words that
are unpalatable to even the ears of Kauravas. He
scolded You during Raajasooya yaagam that You are not
qualified to accept dhamboolam [betel leaves] and You
are anarhan. Also, You as the Lord accepted the ardent
devotees ? GopikAs and rejoiced being with them for
their immense devotion on You, Sisupala alleged about
your Raasakreedai and navaneetha chouryam (stealing
Butter) . What did he achieve at the end after all
this scolding You in public? He was blessed (and
killed) by Your divine ChakrA and he attained Your
Lotus feet. He scolded You and You accepted all of
that as praise as he listed all your leelAs (in
negative sense and intentions); You accepted all of
them as if he is praising You and listing your leelAs.
Dhandhavakkiran, Vidhoorathan assembled themselves in
the battlefield and were killed by your anger fire and
reached You as well. Thus even those wrong doers were
blessed by You and similarly, You should Bless me as
well.

Sisupala and others were bhakthas before. Due to the
curse, they behaved as if they were my enemies. The
time was coming to an end and I accepted them. Their
actions- offences- [kuRRam] thus were considered by me
as praises [naRRam] because their entire life itself
was the punishment for their past karma- sin; there
was no need for any naraka- Lord appears
to tell AzhwAr. AzhwAr responds: If that's the case, I
am also having good intention to praise You and only
that. Since I am the lowliest self [naayinEn), in the
process of praising, adiyEn may perform some
unintentional wrong doings without my knowledge.
Please forgive that and accept them as praises.

kuRRam naRRam aagavE koL- Please bless and consider
the apachArams- wrong doings- as upAchArams as
service. It is also wrongly interpreted here that the
Lord enjoys the mistakes and wrong doing or offences
of ours [i.e. His devotees] and He considers them as
equal to the ones prescribed in SaasthrAs; Hence we,
His devotees, can be and act in whichever nature on
manner. All will lead to His anugraham only- This is
all unacceptable and totally untenable.

*Sri Periyavaacchan Pillai mentions also in line with
the commentary as furnished above that: If ever there
is a mistake or offence (kuRRam) while performing the
kaimkaryam unintentionally , please bless the same as
good action (naRRam). Also Sri PVP adds: Oh most
wonderful Lord [em maayaa!- The One showed to me Your
most wonderful kalyANa guNA of forgiveing Asrithar's
aparAdhams and accepting them as praises due to Your
utmost Compassion!

Sri PVP mentions: This lowliest self ?naayinEn seydha
kuRRam naRRam aagavE koL- I have no other refuge than
You ? ananyagathithvam- I kook for Your Hand and
perform these kaimkaryams, and while doing so, the
mistakes that occur unintentionally many please be
accepted as good ones due to Your dayA.

Thus reading and enjoying Sri PVP's commentary sserts
that He does not forgive ALL kinds of mistakes and
wrong doings of ours; Also other unintentional
mistakes [while in the process of serving Him] are
forgiven by Him only; and not to be construed as if He
enjoys those mistakes as well. He accepts them as
anukoola vrutthi.

If God were to accept the defects of devotees as good
qualities, it might encourage them to commit more
sins. Besides, a sinner deserves punishment. So, if
unintentional apacharam [offences] is committed while
doing kaimkaryam, (or any service to Him) then that
can be accepted by God as if it is good (upAchAram).
All errors and omissions thus are forgiven by the Lord
if done intentionally; And any intentional committing
is to be punished and thus He lets us get away with it
with minor punishment (vaaL koNdu veesionA pOlE)- if
we had already surrendered to Him. Or one has to do
prayaschittham for the intentional trespasses /
mistakes or apacharams

Sri PVP's vyAkhyAnam:
* kaalakshepaartthamaagap paNNina anukoola vrutthiyaal
vandha kuRRatthaiyum, praamaadhikamaagach cheydha
kuRRatthaiyum guNamaagak koLLavEndum engiRaar.

Em maayaa! ? AsrithargaLudaiya aparAdhangaLai
poRukkaikku adiyaana dhayAkshaanthyAdhyAscharya
guNangaLai enakku prakAsitthavanE!-

Ananyagathiyaay unkai paartthirukkiRa naan
prAmAdhikamaaga cheydha kuRRatthaiyum guNamaagak
koLLavEnum.

Thirumazhisai Piraan ThiruvaDigaLE SaraNam
Regards
Namo narayana
dAsan

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail