You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00218 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear srEvaishNavites,

When we were discussing in our professional circles, the topic of deeming provisions comes up from time to time. What is deeming provision? the impact of an act or deed is said to have been reached without the act actually  been done. the idea is to avoid circumventing any provision a deeming provision is inserted in the law. For example, though a comany may actually be a private limited company, it is deemed to be public if it accepts deposits from public.

I was wondering if AzhwAr  have at any place used this deeming provision and indeed they have.

Yes PeiryAzhwAr has mentioned this in kaNdam ennum kadinagar pAsuram. The pAsuram is 'thangaiyai mUkkum, thamayanai thalaiyum.." periyAzhwAr thiru-mozhi 4-7-11;

Sri periyAzhwAr mentions that those who are involved and well versed in these pAsuram-s are deemed to have taken divine bath in the ganges and doing service at the feet of the Lord of 'kaNdam ennum kadi-nagar' -dhEva-prayAgai.
'gangayil thirumAl kazhal iNaikkEzhEyEa kuLithirundha kaNakkAmEA'

Though a devotee may not have visited or seen this dhivya-dhEsam at all, the involvement in these pAsuram-s make them reach a stage as if they are doing service at the feet of the Lord there.

They are indeed blessed - A DEEMED LOT.

dAsan
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor