You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00223 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Bhagavatas,

I understood that SrIman Nigamanta Vedanta Desikan had
composed the work titled Sathadushani - 100 arguments,
debating the other schools of thought on a firm
footing.

I also heard that there are 66 arguments existing
currently out of the composed 100.

Could learned members of the group guide me to any
links/books available on the said topic.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Jayakrishna.
--- srivaishnavan@xxxxxxxxx <srivaishnavan@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> SrI:
> SrImathE Gopaladesika mahadesika namah:
>
> Dearest Srivaishnavas,
>
> Even if one has numerous huge sins committed, be
bold
> and fearless, daring to contemplate on Him and that
> would please Him and He will get us rid of those
> paapams- says AzhwAr.
>
> salankalantha seNYchadaikka
>   RuththakaNdan veNdalaip
> pulan_kalanka vuNdapaatha
>   kaththaNnvan_thu yar_keda,
> alankalmaarvil vaasan^eer_ko
>   duththavanna duththaseer,
> nalankoLmaalai naNNumvaNNa
>   meNNuvaazhi nenchamE!     (113)
>
> Oh mind! The ganges mixed matted red locks, blue
> necked One; who went begging with the white skull in
> his palm; the mahaa paadhaki (great sinner) Rudran
and
> his deep sorrow and curse was removed by The Lord
> Sriya: Pathi Sriman Narayanan; wearing Vanamala on
His
> divine chest by sprinkling the most fragrant water
> fill that skull]. Such most auspicious ? who is ever
> Joyful- most compassionate Lord. Think of reaching
Him
> always and live (merrily).
>
> Whatever kind of paapams; whatever magnitude; the
most
> compassionate and most merciful Lord- removes it;
Not
> only does He remove others' sorrows; He is ever
> joyful; ParamAnandhan. He is so loving and caring
for
> others; Think of Him always- AzhwAr says: What means
> here by
> thinking of Him is: [as elaborated by Sri UttamUr
> Swamy]: We do not have to do any effort; His dayA
> alone is enough; OR His dayA is not required; my
> effort alone is adequate to seek His grace; DO NOT
> think of that; and think that it is the Lord who
> removes our sorrows due to
> His dayA and grants us salvation; But He would not
do
> on His own lest He would be considered partial (when
> He is actually not so); He expects a little excuse
of
> rushing and turning towards Him; seeking refuge at
His
> Lotus feet. Thus vyAjAnushtAnam needs to be
performed
> (an effort as an excuse to seek His grace is a
must)-
> should be contemplated.
>
> Salankalandha ? The Ganges were entrapped in his
> matted locks and thus he got himself purified with
the
> name Sivan (managaLam- Auspiciousness) by Sri
> Mahavishnu.
> theerThEna mUrdhni viDhruthEna Siva: SivO(S)bhUth:
>
> kaRuttha kaNdan- when the milky ocean was churned,
> there was poison that came out and Rudran sought
> permission from Sriman Narayanan to consume that as
> kaimkaryam towards the churning process and Sriman
> Narayanan blessed him by letting the poison stay out
> at the throat
> level (making its colour bluish). Thus, he has been
> blessed to be powerful by the Lord.
>
> Rudran had plucked the head of his father BrahmA
with
> ahankaaram and thus the skull got stuck to his palm
> (as a curse). He got paranoid and all senses got
weak
> with fear; the flesh, the skin dried up and the
white
> skull remained on his palm. The curse would be
removed
> if the skull is filled and hence he went begging for
> the skull to be filled up. He went everywhere in
vain
> and ultimately he reached Kadal vaNNan Sriman
> Narayanan and cried for His grace and saving him.
Our
> most merciful Lord immediately extracted some water
> using His nails from His Divine Chest and sprinkled
on
> his skull that filled the whole skull and removed
> Rudran's sin. In 42nd verse- it is mentioned that
Lord
> filled the skull with the blood (blood is also
watery
> and hence
> is acceptable). This is also mentioned in Harivamsam
?
=== Message Truncated ===

http://mail.yahoo.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM