You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00242 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

anRu nAn piRandhilEAn

thiru-mazhisaip-pirAn mentions in his thriuch-chandha-vrutham "anRu nAn piRandhilEan, piRandha pin maRandhilEan"

I was not born then and after being born, I never forgot.

Nobody is not born after being born. Then what does he says. ACcording to AzhwAr-s and pUrvAchAryAs they consider themselves as not born till they comprehend and realise the meanings of thiru-mandhiram after which they never forget Him and the mandhiram.

Hence, they deem themselves as not born till this stage and deem as being born only at this stage.

Hence, "anRu nAn piRandhilEan, piRandha pin maRandhilEan"

This is what is referred to in mumUkshuppadi 24:
"pUrvAchAryargaL idhil artham aRivadhaRku munbu, thangaLai piRandhadhAga ninaithiRArgaL;idhil artha-gnAnam piRandha pinbu, "piRandha pin maRandhilEan'engirapadiyEa,
ithaiyozhiya vEARonRAl kAlakshEpam paNNiaRiyArgaL'

Our AchAryAs do not consider themselves as born before understanding the meaning of thiru-mandhiram; They deem themselves to have been born only after this .

Are we now deemed to be born now?

dAsan
vanamamalai padmnabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor