You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00280 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

954. kamalADhyuShithE niDhoU nirIhE
     sulaBhE thiShTathi rangakOshamaDhyE
     thvayi thathprathilamBhanE sThithAyAm
     paramanvicChathi pAdhukE! manO mE

Oh Paaduka! The Lord is a treasure, invested with Sri, namely, the
Goddess of wealth. This treasure has no want; it is so fully endowed
with all one can ask for. It lies almost securely safe-guarded, under
Ranga-vimana. And for me to secure it, You are there to help.
Nevertheless, this heart of mine goes in vain search of someone or
something, the very antithesis of this treasure! Alas! what to do?

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S)

1) UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam: Here , Swamy Desikan
expresses his sense of anguish over his mind running all over the
place except to the site , where the Supreme Lord and His PaadhukAs
are residing under the Ranga Vimanam . He says : " Oh PaadhukE !
Your Lord is beyond all desires . He has every thing. He is the One ,
who removes our desires for material and mundane , which affect
our spiritual progress. Since there is nothing that is superior
to Him , we get our desires for other things eliminated . When we
have to engage our mind in that Supreme object , which gives every
kind of boon, I do not understand why my mind drags me to nonlasting
things , which can never match up to the eternal Lord. He is like
a golden treasure and you are able to bring that treasure in front
of us. Why does my mind then get distracted by other impermanent
and sorrow-producing things ?
2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam :Swamy Desikan expresses
his nirvedam here by recalling that his mind is steeped in in
SamsAric activities , which cause nothing but sorrow , while
the SaThAri ( PaadhukA of the Lord) is there to create
the Sambhandham ( links) to the all powerful Lord of Srirangam ,
who is the divine consort of MahA Lakshmi , who is the grantor of
every kind of wealth . Swamy Desikan compares his sorrowful
status to that of a poverty stricken human being engaged in paltry
efforts to earn a small amount of money , while he knows about
the existence of a great treasure , which can be unearthed with
the help of a manthravAthi ( who knows the code ).
3) Oh PaadhukE ! RanganAtha is a Nidhi ( treasure) ; this nidhi
is easy to access and it has nothing to desire for ( avAptha samastha
Kaamathvam) . While such a magnificent treasure with MahA Lakshmi
is there at he centre of Ranga VimAnam ( KamalAdhyushithE nireehE
sulabhE nidhou kOsa madhyE thishtathi sathi) and while , You (
Paadhukai)
are like the magician who can reveal that Nidhi , my mind runs after
useless other things ( Thvayi sTitAyAm mE mana: param anvicchathi)...
(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM