You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00291 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

955. yadhyapyaham tharaLaDhIsthava na smrEyam
        na smarthumarhathi kaTham BhavathI svayam mE
        vathsE vihArakuthukam kalayathyavasThA
        kA nAma kEshavapadhAvani! VathsalAyA:

Oh Lord's Paaduka! Well I have moved away from You, in my
vacillation, without a thought for You. Let it be so. How come that
You ignore me? When a calf that is in the suckling stage has gone
away astray in its playful movements, what does the mother-cow do?
Should You not restore me to You?

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan ( V.S):
1) UtthamUr  Swamy's anubhavam: Oh Kesava PaadhukE !
Due to my agitated state of mind and its fickle nature , I may
fail to think about You .Even then , You should think of me
like the cow , which hastens to the side of the calf to feed it ,
even if the calf forgets to nourish itself due to its concentration
in playing . ( Swamy  Desikan begs the Paadhukais here to
think of him and bless him even if he forgets to think of Them .
He says that their overwhelming affection should overlook his
lapses and forgive him ).

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: Oh PaadhukE , who has
abundant love for those , who seek Your refuge !  When we think
about the Cow that has given birth protects its new calf with
unwavering
attention and runs after it , whenever the calf strays away from
it ,
Your ( Paadhukais's) limitless Jn~Anam , Vaathsalyam , DayA
should be protecting me with vigour and chase away all my sins.
It is not fair of You to ignore me and let me be the victim of all
the enemies , which stand in my way of attaining the sacred
feet of Your Lord.

3) Oh Kesava PaadhukE ,  the most merciful One ! YOu may
choose to ignore me ( na smarEyam yadhyapi) . How can You
not think about me ( Bhavathee svayam mE na smarthum kaTam
arhathi? ). Your  status and mood should be like the Mother Cow
who runs after the calf , who gets  distracted by play and fails
to nourish itself ( VathsE vihAra kuthukam kalayathi sathi,
VathsalAyA: aavasTA kaa nAma ? )...(V.S).

http://us.click.yahoo.com/Z1wmxD/DREIAA/yQLSAA/XUWolB/TM