You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2004

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00302 Jul 2004

Jul 2004 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

AchArya Hrdhayam
pathAm pathu

sUthram 228-14

This part of the sUthram is in the form of dialogue between AzhwAr and the Almighty.

AzhwAr: inRu ahEdhugamAga  Adharitha nE, anAdhi anAdhara hEAdhu sol' enRu  madiyaip pidikka;
  EmperumAn: " indhriya kinkararAik kuzhi thUrthuch suvaithu aganREr" ennil;
  AzhwAr: "avai yAvaraiyum agaRRa nE vaithvai" enbar;
  EmperumAn: "adhu dhEga yOgathAlEa" ennil;
  AzhwAr: "annAL nE thandha sumadu"enbAr;
  EmperumAn: "mun seidha muzhu vinaiyAlEa" ennil;
  AzhwAr: "adhu thuyaramEa vuRRa iru-vunai, vun kObamum, aruLum" enbAr;
  EmperumAn:"'EvillAdha, madhiyiliyEan' ennum, vummadhanROA karhtrhthva, bhOgthruthvangaL"  nnil;
  AzhwAr: "AngAramAi pukkuch, seigaip payan vuNbEanum, karumamum, karuma-palanumAgiya nE, karthA, bOgthA" enbar;
  EmperumAn; "yAnEa engnAnRum" ennil:
  AzhwAr: "ayarpAich samaya madhi koduthu, vuLLam bEdham seigai, vun thozhil" enbar:

The conversation runs as follows:

AzhwAr:  Oh! Lord! You have blessed and graced me now. Where were you all these days?
"inRennai poruL Akki thannadh ennuL vaithAi; anRennai puRam pOga puNarthadhu en seidhAi" thiru -voi-mozh 10-8-9;

Almighty: All these days, you were subservient to sensory organs; Enoying the sensory organs you distanced yourself from me.

"thUrAr kuzhi thurhtu enainAL aganRiruppan' thiru-voi-mozhi 5-8-6; and "aRpa sArangaL avai suvaithu aganRu vozhindhEan" 3-2-6:

AzhwAr: This is just a ploy from your side. these organs, their effects and enjoyments are the 'mAyai" planted by you, to remove us from You.

"agaRR nE vaitha, mAya val aim pulangaL" 5-7-8;

Almighty: Well, actually you enjoyed the sensory organs with your physcial body-s connection, but you are blaming it on me.

AzhwAr: Even this phyique is given to me by You.
"annAL nE thandha Akkai" 3-2-1;

Almighty: The physique have been given to you based on kArmic effects.
"mun seidha muzhuvainAiyAl" 1-4-2;

AzhwAr:But these kArmic effects, both good and bad, are transformation of Your blessing and punishments.
"thuyaramEa tharu thunba, inba vinaigaLAi" 3-6-8;

Almighty: You had already confessed in thiru-voi-mozhi that you had committed countless sins and these cannot be exhausted by undergoing its punishments.
"EvilAdha thEvinaiyEan" - 4-7-3; Countless sins;
"madhiyilEan valvinEa mAlAdhO!" 1-4-3; Inexhaustible sins;

AzhwAr: No. In fact, I have told that the actions, the effects of the actions are all attributed to You.
"seigaip payan vuNbEanum yAnEa" 5-6-4: I will take the effects of actions.
" karumamum, karuma palanumAgiya kAraNan thannai" 3-5-10:

Almighty: Recall the fact that you have told that " Without realising you were thiking all about you" and "sinking yourself further and further in this kArmic birth cycle"
"yAne ennai aRiyagilAdhEa, yAnEA  enhdanadhEa enRirundhEan" 2-9-9: Without realising, I was thinking about me.
"mei gnAnam inRi, vinai-iyal piRapp azhundhi" 3-2-7; Ignorant, sinking in the cycle of births and deaths.

AzhwAr: If you go for that argument, both knowledge and ignorance are all your creation and hence, even this cannot be attributed to me.
"mAttAdha pala samaya madhi koduthAi' 3-1-4; "vuLLam bEdham seidhittu vuyir vuNda upAyangaLum:

The converstion continues:
(to be continued)
vanamamalai padmanabhan

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor