You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00074 Jul 2006

Jul 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

As swamins quoted, the Nrusimhar at Namakkal is in sitting
position with one hand as abhaya hastam another hand resting
on HIS thighs. Bhattar while showing aarathi, the stains of
blood in red color is visible on the abhaya hastam well.
One more thing is that, Nrusimhar is inside the cave of the
Namakkal hill (Gugai temple). One can feel the heat generated
while standing near Nrusimhar cave. Near to HIS ear,
Suryan and Chandran were present to tell about the happenings
in the world. Near to them were standing Shiva and Brahma
worshipping the great Nrusimhar. Indeed Nrusimhar is so
gigantic in sitting posture as if were sitting after Hiranya
samharam and giving blessings on right hand.

Thayar thirunamam : NAmagiri Thayar.(thanikOil nAchiyAr)

Here thayAr is so ...(adiyen have no words to explain about
thayar, one has to darshan HER). Only once per year, we can
have sEva of thayar thirumanjanam during Panguni Uthiram
day.

Only opposite to this cave temple, the famous Namakkal
AnjanEyar is standing in worshipping position. Hope everyone
knows about this Namakkal AnjanEyar. The legend of this
shEthram goes like this:

Once AnjanEyar took bath in holy Kantagi river, he got
one sAlagramam. He wants this to be handed over to Sri
Mahalakshmi. He gave that salagramam to thayar. She done
penance for years to get tha darshan of Nrusimha avathAram
of Lord Sriman Narayan. Lord says that, he will show HIS
Nrusimha avatharam in this salagramam. This salagramam
grows bigger in size like a hill (which is current Namakkal
hill, Nama, kal) and inside that Lord Nrusimhan gave
darshan to Sri Mahalakshmi and AnjanEyar.

THis shetram lies between Salem - Trichy or Salem - Karur
highways (NH7).

adiyen,
senthil.b

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, narayanasamy rathinampillai