You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2006

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00207 Jul 2006

Jul 2006 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

In Srivaishnavite SampradhAyam, Koil means Srirangam,
Perumal Koil means Kanchi Sri VaradharAjar.

There are SahasranAma Sthothrams for various devathas,
but generally SahasranAmam means Sri VishNu SahasranAmam.

Several Temples have special ways of alankArams and sEvais.
For example araiyar sEvai is available in SriRangam and
Srivilliputtur. Swarga VAsal sEvai is not available in all
Srivaishnavite temples.

Dasan,
Ilayavilli S Boovarahan

--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "B.Senthil kumar"
<b_senthil2002@...> wrote:

> Srimathi Anjoo Swamin:
>
> as you mentioned in your mail about the mark of Sree Jayanthi in
> the calander, it is correct. If there is word "KOIL"- means
Temple -
> this refers to only "Sri Rangam" in Sri Vaishnava SampradhAyam.
> Whenever any bhagavathAs tell that, they have gone to Koil, it
means
> only to Sri Rangam. But if you want to mention that, you have gone
> Rama or Krishnan, Nrusimhan Temple, then you have to tell as Rama
> temple, Krishnan temple or Nrusimhan temple respectively. The word
> "Koil"- means "Temple"-- only refers to Sri Rangam Temple.
>
> Similarly, you may have lot of Jayanthis'-means AvathAra dinam- but
> if there is word "Sree Jayanthi" -- it refers only to "Sri Krishna
> Jayanthi". You no need to explicitly mention as Krishna Jayanthi.
> It is implicitly implied as Sri Krishna Jayanthi only. But for
> other jayanthi days you have to explicitly mention as "Vaamana
> Jayanthi", or "Nrusimha Jayanthi", etc.,
>
> Adiyen requests swamin not to interpret in you own way. Adiyen also
> requests swamin to get through our sampradhAyam well. Only the
> sampradhAyam will help you to know more about HIM than the other!!
>
> adiyEn,
> senthil.b
>

> --- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "anjoonair" <anjoonair@> wrote:
> >
> > The best answer I got from this group. Thankyou
> >
> > Mine was only a request on behalf of devotees. What is the point
of
> holding Gita Classes,
> > Ramayana Classses in our temples on Saturdays { Please bear in
mind
> I am talking about
> > Temples constructed overseas}
> >
> > The committe goes to great lengths to advocate Hindu Culture when
> the fact remains the
> > Bhattar in question does not even acknowledge Sree Rama and Sree
> Krishna as avathars of
> > Perumal .
> >
> > Children atleast need to see how Lord krishna looked and How Sree
> Rama looked - Not
> > that we humans are capable of even describing HIM.
> >
> > All mantra upacharanam is in Tamil only . So I trained a few
people
> to sing Annamacharya
> > Krithis. By the grace of God my next venture is to train people
> sing Ashatapadis and
> > Srinivasa Gadyam. Hope Perumal will look at me Kindly eventhough
the
> devotees are vey
> > appreciative .
> >
> > A Temple belongs to everyone [ again Overseas } . I would love
every
> Hindu child to know
> > and appreciate the Hindu Dharma and this query was only to show
How
> eventhough our
> > thoughts are Good sometimes people in power abuse it .
> >
> > To make it clear Our Temple Calander for years does not mention
> "Sree Krishna Jayanthi "
> >
> > Only the day is marked is" Sree Jayanthi " . Hopefully it will be
> added  from next year .
> >
> > Please excuse any lapses
> >
> > anjoo.

Yahoo! Groups Links