You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00086 Jul 2007

Jul 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Learned members,

                                Many of  us ,  especially the  senior citizens,  may be remembering  Elappaattu,  Odappaattu,  Unjal pattu etc sung almost on all occasions in olden days.  In this fast food age almost all of us have no time to be present all along the special functions be it in our houses or in temples and  we have no opportunity to patiently listen to these kind of soul stirring songs even if any old lady is available to sing them.  A book "AanaiPariTherin  MElazakar MAlai" published in 1953  (Of course by the great ThiruvallikkENi Tamizh Sangam) contains few such songs.  With the hope that some of us may enjoy them, I have uploaded the file to my esnips account Please enjoy . Even those not interested in music may visit for the vivid narration of Kanchi Vaikasi Uthsavam . It is at  http://tinyurl.com/2ds3wc
dasan,
T.Raguveeradayal

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia