You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2007

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00142 Jul 2007

Jul 2007 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

  Dear Raghunathan,

  I am the Same person who wrote yesterday about Gaya.

  Since I am new to computers  i don't know if my message reached you

  Being in Army , I believed in work to Worship.

   But I did the rituals as deemed fit At Gaya to My late Father.

   Incidentally the pundit there said the soul stays in Akshya Vat

Tree  and the final part of the ritual is that you are taken near that

tree and explained that the soul now is ready to depart to heaven,

   In fact After my posting in Allahabad, My father in law,

brother in laws ,and every one and later self did this at gaya with

 ease.

I am sure things would have improved  at Gaya and it would no problem

to you.

   I was introduced into this site by my wife's uncle at USA.

  I am regular in viewing the site and messages and learning even at

53 years age.    Pardon for  being  straight and not following the

 military  language and expressions.

  With Kind  Respects and Regards,

      Col D S Raghavan ( Retd)

=========================
--- In Oppiliappan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, raghunathan r
<rraghunathan_in@...> wrote:

> Swamin,
>
>   I want to know the exact procedure to be followed to perform Gaya
Shradham.  I want to know
>   1.  Are there any preliminaries like Tharpanam, etc. before
starting Gaya Sharadham?
>   2.  What is the sequence of Shradh among  Parvana Homam, Bhrahmana
Bhojanam, Akashaya Vatam and Pinda Pradanam at Vishnu Paadam.
>   3.  Are these to be performed in one day or in more than one day?
 If more than one day, what are to be done on the first day, second
day and third day?
>   4.  Is there Parehani Tarpanam after the Gaya Shradh?  And that is
to be done on which day - of the days specified against item 3 above.

>   Can any swamy guide me please?
>
>   Dasan
>   Raghunathan
>

> Please have a view of my Web site
>                  http://rraghunathan.blogspot.com
>                to enjoy large amount of material on
>   Education, Edutainment, Values in Life, Youth Issues and Spirituality
>
> ---------------------------------
knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Yahoo! Groups Links