You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jul 2008

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00154 Jul 2008

Jul 2008 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

SRIRANGAM SRIMAD ANDAVAN'S 20TH CHATHURMASYA
SANKALAPA MAHOTHSAVAM AT THIRUPPULLANI

      Dear Srivaishnava perunthakaiyeer and Andavan sishyas in particular,

                    On behalf of the Srirangam Srimad Andavan's 20th chathurmasya sankalpa committee, we are happy to report the greatest event at Thiruppullani, namely the 20th Chathurmasya sankalpam of Srimad Andavan.

    Srimad Andavan arrived at Thiruppullani on the evening of 15th July. HH was given a grand reception at the entrance of the village. The Sri Adhi Jagannaatha Perumal temple staff headed by the executive officer, Ramanathapuram Samasthanam Devasthanam, offered "STHALANGA MARIYATHAI" (Temple honours with Mangala vathyam, Perumal maalai and kaalanji will be offered to select yathis visiting this village. It is always offered to our Andavan) The 20th chathurmasya committee headed by Madurai advocate Sri T.Srinivasaraghavan and accompanied by Secretaries Thirukkurungudi Padmanaban, T.Raguveeradayal, treasurer Dindigul Sudarsan, Nanganallur Parthasarathi ,Madurai Prof. Vasudevan, Madurai LIC Rajagopalan and Vaduvoor Ganapati Govindachar offered Poorna kumbha mariyathai and Sthala abhimanis also offered poorna kumba mariyaathai. From there Srimad Andavan prefered to reach our Ashramam by walk through Sri Adhi Jagannaatha Perumal Temple and or Ashrama Desikan Sannathi. At Desikan Sannathi vAsal HH accepted the poorna kumba mariyathai and Desikan maalai. Alongwith the poorna kumbha mariyathai at the entrance offered by the committee, agraharam ladies offered muthu harathi reception. On 15th morning itself morethan 50 sishyas from various places of Tamilnadu arrived here to receive the Acharyan. As soon as HH entered the Ashramam, Vaduvoor Ganapati Sri Govindachariar and Madurai Prof. Vasudevan offered Swagatha pathrikas separately. Within few minutes Ramanathapuram Samasthanam Sethupathi Sri Kumaran Sethupathi, Madhukkur Raja and Singampatti Zamindhar came to our Ashramam and offered their prayers to HH Srimad Andavan.

       On the next day morning, i.e. on Adi maasa piRappu, 300+sishyas arrived on the early morning to accompany Srimad Andavan's neeraattam at Sri Adhi Sethu Srimad Andavan was so gracious enough to wait all sishyas reach the seashore and started the maha sankalpam before the holy dip there. Everybody assembled there was in a jubilant mood. Our ashrama prthama aaraadhakar Krishnamoorthi mama performed the sankalpam followed by kshethra bruhaspathi Lakshmana Sastri. Every sishya knows the gambira thvani of our aaraathakar mama. On that day, the immediate presence of our Andavan and the big assembly of sishyas (which we have never seen before) made him more jubilant . When he recited the sankalpa manthras, even the sound of sea waves were not heard. Then Acharyan had the neeraattam at Adhi Sethu. He lead everybody upto chest deep water and had the theerthavari. All those with Andavan will ever remember that great anubhavam . Acharyan returned to Ashramam and after Padhuka Aradhanam, thatheeyaaraadhanam took place.

    On 17th July, the Ramanathapuram Samasthanam Devasthanam Diwan and administrative secretary to Maharani of Ramnad himself turned up at the Ashramamwith full temple honours to invite Srimad Andavan for the mangalasasanam at Sri Adhi Jagannatha Perumal temple . At the entrance of the temple poorna kumbha mariyathai was offered. At Dwaja Sthambam, Sri Satari Mariyathai was offered by Temple Archakas. With Sri Satari leading, Our Andavan did Mangalasasanam at all Sannadhis in the Temple. Since sishyas accompanied him are large in number HH waited in each sannadhi for the sishyas to pray at the sannadhis after his mangalasasanam. Our Andavan is such a karunyamoorthi towards sishyas. While returning from the Temple, he did Mangalasasanam at Ashramam Desikan sannadhi Sri Lakshmi Hayagreeva Perumal and Swami Desikan.

    On 18th, the day of Chathurmasya sankalpam the number of sishyas from all over India and a few from overseas also increased to 500+ an assembly of Srivaishnavaites this small village has not witnessed in the recent past. After Padhuka Araadhanam and theertha koshti by 8AM, Mruthsangranam by 9AM, Andavan had thirumudi vilakkam and neeraattam at the holy Chakra theertha pushkarini. It may be remembered here that our Andavan was the first yathi to bathe in this pushkarini which resulted in the pushkarini brimming with water eversince and our starvation for water is now a distant dream of the past. During this interval, our Ashrama Srikaryam veeeravalli Ganapati Desikacharyar swami, sri veeraraghavachariyar swami and Yamunachariar swami made discourses. Before delivering his Anugraha bhashanam, in tradition with our Ashramam, HH Srimad Andavan released four books on the stage. Acharya Ramamrutham part two Tamil and the same translated in English by Smt Kalyani Krishnamachari of USA, "Maniyunthu PullANiyE" (a sthala purANam of ThiruppullANi,edited and published by Shreyas ads Sri Kalyanaraman and Rangarajan brothers )and a small booklet "Visishtadvaitham" by Sri Yamunachariar. Acharyan's Anugraha bhaashanam which started with Swami Desikan's "PArAvAra " was a most scintillating one. On the day of Sankalpam, all the events were carried out EXACTLY AT THE TIMES ANNOUNCED BY OUR  ACHARYAN ON THE PREVIOUS DAY. It was like a military discipline.
    And we, the committee members, are very very happy not only because this is the FIRST Chathurmasyam at Thiruppullani but this is the first Chathurmasyam in the history when the sishyas assembled even two days before the event and enjoyed their great bhagyam to be with the Acharyan for three consecutive days. We thank those attended for their great cooperation with us. This is a small village and we made arrangements whatever is possible here. There might have been deficiencies. But, those who were here on all the three days, several of whom accustomed to very great and modern conveniences, adjusted to the situation and extended their cooperation to make this once-in-a-life event ever remembered . Their Devotion to Andavan and their Acharya Bhakthi made them determined lot to neglect all comforts and conveniences.
     Our special thanks to Sri Ahobila Mutt authorities who, within a short span of three days converted the cement flooring with granite and plastering the walls with sparkling tiles so that those who came here for this special event can stay more comfortably. Their local manager Sri Muthukrishnan even cancelled his trip to Ahobilam
to take care of those staying at the Mutt. Similarly, Sri Jayarama Bhattar , in charge of Sri Vanamaamalai Mutt also offered his help for those stayed there. We thank him also. The kshethravasis also helped the visitors in several ways. "Dinamani" "Dinakaran" and "Dinamalar" papers covered the events. The chathurmasya sankalpa photos are now available at http://picasaweb.google.com/rajamragu/HH at TRPN   The videos are being uploaded and links will be announced separately.
    It is needless to say that all the abovesaid functions went off very well and without any hastles ONLY  with the BLESSINGS OF our Poorvacharyars Anugrahams and the Blessings of H.H.
dasan,
T.Srinivasaraghavan,
President,
dasan,