You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00035 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear SrImAn Sadagopan,

Thank you so much indeed for those valuable and insightful additional
references to 'shoonyah' you have gathered from so many scriptural
and non-scriptural sources! That note on "tAnam" in Carnatica music
was a real eye-opener for me! (My mother, the late Smt.Mani
Krishnaswami, who was proficient in rendering 'rAgam-tAnam-pallavi'
never once revealed to me about the 'sUkshma' behind 'tAnAm'!).

It is discussions like these, with many members, we have had in the
T'vengadam list during the past week that truly enhance one's
understanding and enjoyment of the 'nAmA-s' in the
Vishnu-Sahasranamam.

Let us pray to the Almighty that we will all continue in this same
spirit of true 'satsangham' for many more years to come!

Regards,
dAsan,
Sudarshan