You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00039 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

June 14, 2003
**************
SrI:

Dear BhakthAs:

A friend of mine sent the following information
about visit to the difficult to reach Dhivya Desam of
SaaLigramam. I am sharing this information with you
incase yourself or any one in your family wants to
avail yourself of the opportunity to join
this group on its planned KshEthrADanam to
SaaLigrama KshEthram celebrated by Thirumangai
AzhwAr and PeriyAzhwAr with 12 Paasurams.

Thirumnagai AzhwAr visualizes the Lord here as
RaamAvathAran and KrishNAvathAran. PeriyAzhwAr's
anubhavam is that of Baala KrishNan and His
play among the Gopis.

In his Pasuram ( Periya Thirumozhi:2.9.5),
PeriyAzhwAr describes Bala GopAlan's clever
tricks and complains as a Gopi to Mother YasOdhai
about her incoorigible son's pranks:

Paalaik-KaRanthu aduppu yERa vaitthup-palvaLayAL yenn mahaL iruppa
mElai ahatthE neruppu vENDic-chenRiRaippozhuthu angE pEsi ninREn
SAALAKKIRAAMAMUDAYA NAMPI saayutthup-paruhittup-pOnthu ninRAn
aalaik-karumbin mozhiyanaya AshOdhAi nangAi unn mahanaik-koovAi

(meaning): Oh YashOdhA Devi with a vocie sweet as
the ripe sagar cane and with perfection of all
kinds ! Please listen to the problem that we are
facing in our house . I had milked all the cows,
placed the milk in big vessels and transferred
them over to the aduppukaL. Then I left my house ,
while my beautiful daughter adorning lovely banglaes
was watching over as protection for the milk .
I went over to my neighbor's house to borrow neruppu
(red hot embers) to bring back to light the fire and
boil the milk . I got distracted for a few minutes
in conversation with my neighbor . Meanwhile your son,
the one without any wants(kuRaivonRumilA Govindhan)
sneaked into to my house as though he has some
wants still and bent the milk vessels over
and drank the whole milk and stood aside as
an innocent one .Oh Mother YasOdhA ! Please
call Your son back to your home so that He
does not cause us more harm through His pranks.

In his Paasurams , Thirumangai Azhwar counsels
His mind to hurry up and reach SaaLigrama
KashEthram to worship the Lord there as
Raama-KrishNa avathAra Moorthy. Thiumangai's description
of the beauty of nature at this dhivya dEsam are
splendid.

AzhwAr appeals to His mind:

"KaayAmalar VaNNan SaaLagrAmamadia nenjE"

(Oh My mind! Please travel to the SaaLigrAma
KshEthram of the Lord with the dark-bluish hue of
KaayAmpoo!

" Manam kamazhum tadam soozhnthu yengum azhahAya
SaaLagramamadai nenjE!"

Oh My mind! Please hurry up and get to the SaaLagrama
KshEthram of the Lord known for its pretty
groves filled with fragrant flowers !

Please make use of this wonderful opportunity
to join this special VaishNava GhOshti of thirty
in making to visit and worship the Lord of
SaaLaigrAmam .

In this KshEthram blessed for its natural beauty ,
PerumAL's ThirunAmam is SrI Moorthy. Our Lord
poses in the standing poisture and faces
the Northerly direction. ThAyAr Name is aptly
"SrI Devi".Here , the dhivya dampathis of
SrI Moorthy and SrI Devi present themselves under
Kanaka VimAnam ( HiraNya varNAm HariNIm SUVARNA --).

SrI Devi SamEtha SrI MoorthayE Nama:
Daasan, Oppiliappan KOil V.Sadagopan

The Trip Details & Contacts
*****************************

Srimathi Vimala Raghavan and SrIman V.S. Raghavan) are
helping to organize a pilgrimage to Saligramam in Oct/Nov
this year and the details are attached. The non-train part of
the trip includes a Sri Vaishnava organizer and a Sri Vaishnava
cook and all the provided food is cooked by this
person.

If any of your family / friends would like to join,
they can contact Sriman V.S.Raghavan
at (91) 22 2414 0904.

Hereunder are the details of the proposed trip to Saligramam and back:
Places: Saligramam and Khatmandu (both in Nepal).

Departure time and date from Bombay: 27 October 2003 late evening.
Total No. of days: 13 (inclusive).

Important to have: Some form of identity.

Bombay to Gorakhpur: By train, distance - 1719 km.
Gorakhpur to Pokhra (in Nepal): By bus.
Pokhra - Saligramam - Pokhra: By Helicopter.

Pokhra - Khatmandu - Gorakhpur: By bus.
Gorakhpur - Bombay: By train.

Minumum persons needed: 25.
Maximum 30.

Last date for registration: 15/7/2003.
Last date for payment towards trains fare and tour operator
Charges: 15/8/2003.

Date of trains reservation: 28/8/2003.

No cancellation possible once booked and money paid. No refund,
Helicopter charges to be paid in CASH at Pokhra to the tour operator,
Possible extra charges: 1) Towards food for return journey period.
2) Air Port tax, if any, at Pokhra,
3) Tips for driver, cook etc, on conclusion of trip,
at Gorakhpur.
4) Local sight seeing charges at Pokhra,
Khatmandu.
Accommodation provided: At Gorakhpur Dormitory.
At Pokhra and Khatmandu: Hotel
Room on sharing basis.
For further information: Contact Vimala./Raghavan: Bombay: 24140904.
You may furnish this to the desiring persons who may contact
SrIman Raghavan for further details.

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com