You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00093 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Dear Sriram:

Usually stotrams, Sookthams are learnt thro "sandhai
process". i.e guru recites once a sentence and the
disciple repeats twice. This is how all the vedas were
passed on from generation to generation without a
book, pencil and pen.

If you know anybody who is well-versed with
suprabatham you can follow the above procedure.
Otherwise, buy a small pocket size rape recorder,
Suprabatham tape from any Indian store and play it in
your bathroom before you take showers. Daily hear.
Your memory works better when you are in showers. You
can notice children when they are in showers repeat
movie songs and get by heart. In a month's time you
may wonder how you were able to memorize this
wonderful suprabatham slokams.

If you have access to any of Indian temple nearby, the
priests chant suprabatham on Saturday's mornining. You
may participate in that chanting.

Another thing I experienced from my stay in USA for
the over 30 years, is we don't find time since we lead
mechanical,busy machine professional life. So the
above suggestions may help to memorize quickly.

Adiyaen
N.S. Rajagopalan