You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00121 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:

SrimatE Gopaladesika MahadesikAya Namaha,

Translation by U.Ve. Dr. V.N. Vedanta Desikan Swamin:

743. suraBhinigamaganDhA soUmyapadhmAkarasThA
kanakakamalinIva prEkshyasE pAdhukE! thvam
Bhramara iva sadhA thvAm prApthanAnAvihAra:
shathamaKhamaNinIla: sEvathE shArngaDhanvA

Oh Paaduka! You are the veritable lotus creeper that exudes Vedic
fragrance. A golden lotus creeper at that! Like the one that is in
the hand of Mahalakshmi. (Or like the one growing in the Chandra-
pushkarini). As the Lord, with His blue lily-like hue, hovers round
You, one is reminded of the bee hovering around the lotus.

Namo Narayana,

SriMuralidhara Dasan

Special Notes by V.Sadagopan (V.S):

SlOkam 743

1) UtthamUr Swamy's anubhavam: Oh PadhukE! With Your fragrance of
Vedas , You are seen as the lotus on the hand of SrI Devi. At that
time,You appear like a lotus creeper blossoming in the sacred tank
of Lord RanganAtha known as Chandra PushkaraNi. Your Lord ,
the wielder of the bow celebrated as SaarangA , seeks always
Your company and in His form as a bluish-black hued bee sits
on You (staying as lotus ) and goes on His many jaunts
with You.

2) SrImath Andavan's anubhavam: Oh PaadhukE! When we look at You ,
we are reminded of a golden lotus. You have Veda parimaLam
(vedic fragrance). When we have the sevai of Your Lord adorning
You, we think of Your Lord as the honey bee that roams around
You ,the golden lotus.

The inner meaning is that Lord of SrIrangam enjoys
the AzhwAr without interruption just as the honey bee
enjoys the lotus flower filled with abundant honey.

3)Oh PaadhukE! You have the pleasant fragrance of
Vedam (Thvam Surabhi nigama-gandhA). You are on the hands of
the beautiful MahA Lakshmi as the lotus ( Thvam Soumya PadhmA
karasTA). You are seen there as a golden lotus( Thvam
Kanaka kamalInIva prEkshyasE). Your Lord adorning the bow
known as Saarngam ( Saarnga dhanvA) has many kinds of
sanchArams, while adorning You ( PrAptha NaanA vihAra:).
He is like a dark blue Indhraneela gem in His hue
( Sathammakha maNi Neela: Saarnga dhanvA). In his hue ,
He is like a honey bee (Bhramara iva) that circles
always around you (the golden lotus with vedic
fragrance)..(V.S).

Home Page
http://www.ibiblio.org/sripedia
oppiliappan-subscribe@yahoogroups.com