You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00137 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Nama:

Dear bhAgavatas,

There were some points of concern that adiyEn had
upon reading this article.

One was that it said that Nammazhvar has sung many
phala srutis in his pasurams and the article implied
that these are for benefits in this world - success
in an endeavour, for wealth, health, etc. adiyEn
even saw this in a nithyanusandhanam book once.
This appears contrary to our acharyas views on
Thiruvaymozhi. Azhvar's pasurams are meant for
us to understand our true nature which is being
in His service and not meant for gaining things
of this world.

The article also says that Sathakopar andadi
by Sri Kambar is 1000 stanzas. Is this right?
adiyEn was under the impression that it was
100 songs.

Finally I thought the comparison of mountain
coming to Muhammad, while popular no doubt, to
compare the divyadesa emperumans coming to
Nammazhvar to get his mangalashasanams, was not
a good one.

Please forgive me if anyone thinks that I am
deriding the article. That's not the intention.
adiyEn is just raising a concern about any
accidental mis-representation of our great
sampradhayam.

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan

http://www.tirumala.org/sapthagiri/062003/tiruvaimozhi.htm

> The above is a link to an excellent insight into the
> Thiruvaymozhi that appeared in the 'Sapthagiri'
> Magazine of TTD.
>
> Regards,
>
> Malolan

> Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get
> the FREE Yahoo!Messenger

=====
Azhvar Emperumanar Jeeyar Thiruvadigale Sharanam

adiyEn madhurakavi dAsan