You are here: SriPedia - Oppiliappan - Archives - Jun 2003

Oppiliappan List Archive: Message 00151 Jun 2003

Jun 2003 Indexes ( Date | Thread | Author )

Sri Krishnaya Namah!

Humble Pranams to Sri Sadagopan & Sri Ramachandran!

Many thanks for the eye opening information on Sandhyavandanam and the
significance of Vedas. I have few concerns which are out of limitations
that this loukika jeevana has posed me. I know it is dharma and it should
be followed (just followed), but there are some exceptions and here are
they --

1. I am doing the pratha sandhyavandanam with prayaschitam (for delay).
The book that I bought recently from TSK Sabha mentions that in case we
are not able to do it on time, we can do it on the specified time,
wherever we are thru our mind - a kind of manasa sandhyavandana. It is
said that in Mahabharatha too, during the battle, various warriors offer
mud as argya to Sun when water is unavlbl, during the specified time.
Please let me know whether we can do manasa sandhyavandanam in case of
exceptions, with procedure, if any.

2. Also, in the book, there is a mention of joining both pratha & madhya
mika sandhyavandanam (Alas! the procedure is not dealt with in it).

I realise the importance of Madhyamika sandhyavandanam, during my stay in
house during Sundays and holidays. When I do - pratha / madhya / sayam
sandhyavandanams on any particular day, the mind gets a diff. feeling -
calmer, finer feelings. It is as if, it can withstand any turmoil/danger.
Suddenly the mind becomes strong. That too, the japa( gayathri,
ashtakara) being in Padmasana, really transforms me and gives energy.
After Sandhyavandanam, I used to chant Purusha Suktha, and
Narayanopanishath (little extracts from all vedas, glorifying Lord
Srimannarayana) wherein it is said that chanting Narayanopanishath during
madhyana (mid day) absolves us from pancha mahapathakas, highest effect
when compared to morning/evening. Somehow I will be in office during
midday and hence, am thinking whether I can join it with pratha kala
sandhyavandanam. Please let me know in case any procedure is set for this.

3. While exceptions should not become the order, many times it so happen
that I offer addl. argya as prayaschitam. While I deeply feel bad about
myself for my inadequacies - be it unwell/late nights etc., I wanted to
know is there any means of appeasing Lord for these shortcomings other than
a polite - RETIRE FROM JOB.

Sukumar

Sri Krishnaparabrahmane Namah!